Evelyn and Ian have rescued this classic. The 1902 Guest House “Kurrara” has been turned into a first class B&B.
The guesthouse is ideally located in walking distance to all the iconic landmarks of the Blue Mountains area. Kurrara lies in a quiet residential street about a half a mile from both the Echo Point Lookout and the Katoomba town centre.
Evelyn and Ian are so welcoming and friendly! The rooms are immaculate, as is the rest of the guest home. We stayed in The Margarite Suite. Both the suite and the bathroom were beautifully decorated, clean, warm and very comfortable. The bed is easily the best bed we have slept in!
The breakfasts are just so tasty and generous. You'll also be very impressed by the incredible selection of tea that is on offer. But my personal favorite experience was the fact that I could connect to the Internet via the guesthouse’s superb Wi-Fi network free of charge – now there is a point of difference!
Finally both Evelyn and Ian are really great people and made many helpful recommendations for places to see and restaurants to visit in the area. Which by the way all turned out to be wonderful suggestions. These guys really understand “how to delight their customers”.
We have stayed in many other B&B's, but “Kurrara Historic Guest House” ranks # 1 on our list.
We will be back for sure, highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia