I was travelling alone and needed somewhere cosy. Kurrara was the place! I stayed in the Lavender room and loved it! Prior to my stay, I emailed them to ask many questions about the guest house, tours around Blue Mountains etc, and they always take the time to give me really long and informative reply! Could tell they were not just pasting some standard answers to every potential guest. The breakfast was nice and healthy stuff and Iain and another lady Stephanie (I think) were very kind and helpful. I was having a cup of tea all by myself in the common room and Iain immediately came in and light the fire! Location of the guest house is perfect too! I wanted somewhere where I can walk to both the 3 Sisters as well as the town area near the train station and this was it! Right in the middle! The dvds were a great way to pass the quiet nights in the mountains. Had only one concern, which is that the heater wasn't that great, and staying at the Blue Mountains in winter, this means a great deal! Would be great if there was more warmth in the room, otherwise everything about Kurrara is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area. We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia