The guest house is a lovely house situated pretty central in Katoomba, but its hard to use any superlatives about this place, nor positive or negative. We booked one of the Spa ensuites for a couples getaway for the weekend. The booking, payment and confirmations was all well enough, but when we got there we had to wait for 15 min. before the owner, David showed up, even though we told him excactly when we would arrive, and arrived as agreed.
Maybe we were there on a particularly cold weekend, but the place was really cold, and not until the next day did we get instructions on how to work the fireplace, which was really the only real means of heating in the room. On top of that there were several occasions when there was no hot water for taking a bath. Again, this could be due to the unexpected cold weather that weekend. The room had no guest information whatsoever.
We ate breakfast there the first morning, but as it was pretty basic, we ate elsewhere the rest of the weekend, and upon departure we were not charged for the one breakfast we had there, which was kind.
All in all a pretty average experience, which is a pity since the house in itself is very nice and so are the rooms. I think one expects to get a little more than could be expected from these kind of guesthouse experiences, not a little bit less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurrara Guest House was built in 1902 as one of the first guest houses in Katoomba. In 2012, it was handed over to new owners and has undergone a transformation. Our beautiful Mountains Guest House is centrally heated, and offers 3 spa en suites, with 4-poster beds and period furnishings. 5 Upstairs shower en suites are individually decorated and have been recently refurbished. Our guests enjoy relaxing in our communal lounges around Victorian gas log fires and a large screen TV/DVD & library. Enjoy tea & coffee on arrival, and complimentary Port. We offer a full continental breakfast of homemade muesli, cereals, freshly baked bread, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juice. Free wifi is available in all rooms. Kurrara has its own private carpark and off street parking. Situated on a quiet and peaceful corner, surrounded by rhododendrons and mature trees. We are within walking distance to Katoomba town centre and wonderful restaurants, Echo Point and The Three Sisters and the many bushwalks in the surrounding area.We welcome you to stay with us and become part of an 110 year tradition of visitors to Kurrara. You won't want to leave! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Kurrara Historic Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurrara Guest House Hotel Katoomba
- Kurrara Historic Guest House Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia