“Small dingy place”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was a dingy small place.. dark and ill illuminated... food have more oil than spices and vegetable put together .. it was pricey and service was underpar

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Arjuna Indian Restaurant has been around for probably 2 decades under the same owners and with a most likely unchanged level of good quality food - which is quite rare for such a long period of time. We've been there many times before and always had a very similar experience. I wouldn't say the Arjuna provides me with the best Indian food I've ever eaten but I'm coming back to it for that reliably reasonable to good experience of both food and service.

We had for entrée small dhal fritters as well as Idlies - the latter were delicious; i'd give them 4.5/5. For main course we had ordered vegetable korma and palak paneer; mine was the latter and I'd say it only deserved 3/5 mainly because it didn't consist of much spinach plus I missed the large chunks of paneer that normally are served with this dish. Some was crumbled on top of the dish and maybe some more might have melted into it (which I doubt), but it certainly was not the taste experience I had been looking forward to and which I am used to from pretty much every other Indian restaurant I have ever visited (and that's a lot of them).

My partner though liked the Korma. We also had a plain and a rose lassie as well as a chai and an iced chocolate (they don't serve ice chocolate with ice cream and cream), all of which were reasonable. And so was the price of $73 for the lot.

Service was great: friendly, prompt, fast and efficient.

Despite the slight disappointment about the palak paneer main course we'd certainly come back.

1  Thank isiria
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food is fantastic - I've had great meals here. The only problem is that some of the dishes are a little small (particularly the accompaniments).

1  Thank AlwaysTraveling5
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you love Indian food, then give Arjuna Indian Restaurant (across from The Carrington Hotel) a go.
The food is delish.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We regularly go to Arjuna, we love it here. The samosas, chicken tikka and butter chicken are our favourites however everything is so tasty.

1  Thank Luke B