The Metropole Guesthouse was initially built in the 1880s - so there's big open spaces in areas that aren't usual these days - i.e. landings.
It reminds you of a time that has long gone.
The rooms are quaint. It doesn't profess to be 5 stars, and it isn't. But it is ok if you aren't expecting that.
Right opposite the train station & Trolley Bus corner. Handy to eateries and pubs.
Warm rooms in the cold winter.
What more can you ask?
Probably the worst thing (if I was to pick a First World problem...the pillows were very very firm.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established during the early part of the 1930s in the heart of the beautiful township of Katoomba; the Metropole Guesthouse offers a uniquely historic Blue Mountains accommodation experience, retaining its period character with fine wood panelling and leadlight windows, some overlooking the lovely Kingsford Smith Memorial Park. The hotel is within comfortable walking distance to several key local attractions, specialty stores, dining options, buses and trains. Whether you're escaping for relaxation, adventure or just a bit of culture - The Metropole Guesthouse is the ideal mountain getaway. It's easy to immerse yourself in the senses and flavours of a bygone era; indulge your appetites in our 65 seat, licensed and atmospheric 1930's dining room; relax with a book in our guest library, use our free Wi-Fi or simply sit back and watch the world pass by on one of our many antique lounges... The Metropole Guesthouse can also provide function areas for meetings, conferences, weddings and birthdays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Metropole Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropole Guesthouse Hotel Katoomba
- The Metropole Guesthouse Blue Mountains/Katoomba, Australia