“Awful!”

Fresh
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We must have come in on a bad day for these guys because the service was absolutely awful! My husband and I came in with our 3 year old on Easter Monday for breakfast, and ordered our coffees first when we got ourselves a table. There were a few customers around but no one have us a menu for breakfast. After out coffees arrived we had to remind them of our daughter's babycino and ask for a menu. The babycino came soon after, but still no menu. I had to go look at the menu outside the cafe and my husband was about to do the same when the menu finally came. When no one came to take our order in 10 minutes I went up to the counter to order, and was told that someone will come take my order soon. Another 5 minutes later, we were still waiting, so my husband lined up to order at the counter. Again, he was told that someone would be there in a minute, even when he mentioned that we have been waiting for sometime. Meanwhile, a new table of 4 came in and sat next to us. A few minutes later when the waiter went to take their order before ours, we decided that it was time for us to leave! I can understand service being slow on a busy morning, but surely you would serve the table that has been waiting for almost 30 minutes over the table waiting for 5 minutes?!
I think one of the main guys there could tell we were really annoyed with this, because he was apologetic and didn't charge us for the coffees. This, and the fact that the babycino came with 2 marshmallows (as supposed to one) is the only positive feedback I have to give this place. Even then I wouldn't come back the next time we visit Katoomba. Such a disappointment because we were looking forward to trying it out after reading all the good reviews on trip adviser! We went to Promegranate Cafe instead, and it was fantastic! We ordered and finished eating in 40 minutes.

Gary V, Owner at Fresh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.
I am very sorry that certain aspects were not up to standard. We have clearly fallen short in couple of areas during your visit.
I will address your comments with our staff at our staff meeting. Notwithstanding we endeavour to deliver service at the highest quality, is it disappointing to read this was not the case in your experience.
You are right in reminding us of the competition in katoomba, this only pushes us to do better and to be more mindful. Our reviews have been outstanding and every once in a while, a review like this can be a wakeup call to any business owner.
I hope that you will give us an opportunity to turn around your opinion of our family owned cafe in the future.
Kind regards, Chef and Owners, Gary and Sarah.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The best food you will ever here in katoomba if you have not been there you should pay then a visit today

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Loads of places to choose from on the Katoomba High Street, but very glad we went to Fresh for brunch - very friendly staff, plenty of daily papers, extensive brunch menu with big portion sizes.

My friend and I had the chorizo & eggs and it was a great way to kick off a day of hiking in the Blue Mountains.

PRO-TIP: Get the the chorizo and eggs.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Staff very friendly and the breakfast portions were large and extremely tasty. We would recommend going here for breakfast.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

visiting some good friends in Katoomba again and went to Fresh last year and it was very good so went back for breakfast this year and still good with very friendly staff and fantastic food as ever with good coffee !!! Owen the friendly bearded dude is awesome as all the staff are. but went on Sunday morning with friends and then returned on Monday morning before heading back to Sydney. If your visiting Katoomba Fresh is a Must.
Nice chatting Owen and Gary see you at Christmas lol .