“Has deteriorated. New ownership ?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
London
“Has deteriorated. New ownership ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The coffee used to be a highlight. Poor quality now. Great that owners are employing young staff but less time talking and more attention to product and service might benefit business.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank StewartSiamese
Gary V, Owner at Fresh, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thankyou for your feedback and we are disappointed that your Fresh experience wasnt as positive as you were hoping. We have strived to keep things the same since we took ownership of Fresh over a year ago and this includes our suppliers. However sometimes things dont always meet expectation. We have been taking on quite a few work experience students so this may account for the dip in service your experienced but rest assured this will be raised with our staff to bring home the importance of our customer satisfaction.

Sydney
“Great coffee and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I often eat or get coffee at Fresh in Katoomba. The coffee is always delicious and I've had some great food here too. It would be good to have some cheaper breakfast options available as simple eggs on toast is pretty expensive with $3 each for any extras. The only real problem is that the outside tables where people smoke are really close to the door so that whenever the door opens big wafts of smoke come in. I was sitting just inside with my kids the other day and it smelt like someone was actually smoking at my table.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AlwaysTraveling5
Gary V, Owner at Fresh, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thankyou for your feedback and we are really happy that you enjoy Fresh so much. We have taken your suggestions onboard and have turned our outside tables to non smoking. We believe this will be a positive move towards keeping our customers coming back. Unfortunately there isnt much we can do with the council tables across from us but we do need to be mindful of all of our customers rights. Thankyou again and we look forward to seeing you at Fresh.
Medlow Bath, Australia
“Fresh is a jewel in the mountains top notch 10/10 A+++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favourite cafe in katoomba , i was recently recommended their cafe and i was glad i did i had friends visit from sydney and we went there for pancakes and coffee it was superb the staff were friendly and the chef came out and told me how he was going to make it , it was quite amazing the service was amazing and the prices were quite fair but most of all their coffee was to die for i have been going there now nearly every day getting my daily fresh intake i love that place and i will be back , 10/10

2 Thank medlowbear
Sydney, Australia
“Best in Katoomba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our family dined at Fresh recently. The food was delicious, service great and the atmosphere was lovely. We met the owners Gary and Sarah ... Gary is the chef and was cooking up a storm. Can't wait to go again ... thanks Fresh! :)

katoomba
“Minimal service, they're trying with the food but …...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I sat down and waited for service. My table was cleaned after 15 minutes but the waiter didn't take my order - just went on cleaning other tables. Finally after nearly half an hour my order was taken. The food was awful and after a few mouthfuls I moved it to the edge of my table and finished my coffee. Any waiter worth their salt would have asked if there was anything wrong with the food but despite walking past constantly, they didn't communicate with me at all. Paid and left, wouldn't go back until they get it that they at least need to pay attention to what's happening on their tables.

Visited May 2014