“Expected more”

Kempsey Rose Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kempsey
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Although the motel was clean we found our room dated and tired - especially the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the chap who welcomed us was very friendly. We didn't spend much time in the room and it was a miserable day so we didn't explore the grounds. The 'very good' rating was only just achieved - average seemed a little mean. We stayed here as the mid point between Brisbane and Sydney on a quick trip to the Royal Easter show - we usually stay at Coffs Harbour in an apartment near the jetty - the motel was much cheaper, possibly explaining the inferior décor and position. The wifi didn't work. We didn't complain but would have had we been there longer. Lots of bugs and crawlies which the owner warned us about but as I can't tolerate bug sprays (which the written material indicated was on offer), we didn't complain. Easy to find - simply head to Kempsey from the bypass and it is on the right south of Kempsey heading south. Aside from tiny wildlife the room was clean. Tea and coffee and biscuits available in the room and milk is provided on check in. We didn't try the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Found this lovely place after a long day driving in the rain. Warm welcome, good price, immaculate, quiet lodgings, couldn't ask for more. Weather prevented use of the pool or immaculate grounds. Recommend without hesitation!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Have been regularly using this motel for a few months Pauline And Danny are simply the best they have gone over and above there duties to accomadate and make us welcome . Really recommend the Kempsey Motor In. the restaurant is highly recommended as well.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here 2 Jan perfect midway stop off between Brisbane and Canberra. Could not fault. Older motel renovated tastefully and immaculately clean and best value around. On old Pacific highway so a bit difficult to find with new Kempsey bypass so check directions. Fantastic place for children with huge lawn for play and swimming pool.
Can't believe 2 poor reviews just because wifi didn't connect in their room. Such a trivial matter compared to the many benefits this motel offers. Highly recommended by this very fussy regular traveller who will always stay there in future.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Ok so I left Sydney at 3pm on 2nd Jan and like a moron hadn't booked anything at Port Macquarie where I planned to stay the night. Got in at 8pm and everywhere I mean everywhere had NO VACANCY signs. I googled and rang places in Kempsey, Wauchope, Coffs, even Grafton and they all said "forget getting anywhere tonight" It looked like an awful long night driving thru to Brisbane with sleeps in the car on the way. Just out of Kempsey around 10pm I spotted the Kempsey Motor Inn and a VACANCY sign. I swerved in and pelted into reception only to be beaten by a group of 4 German tourists who had just taken the last room! The look on my face must have said something because the manager said to his wife "we could give him Room 18" - a room they were not selling because it currently does not have a TV or a fridge - man I would've settled for a stable at this stage! So Dan the manager took me to the room which was spotless and comfortable and proudly showed me around the property which is on 6 acres and green and peaceful with a great pool and then he and his wife refused to charge me for the room because it was without a telly or a fridge! I slept well, woke up, jumped in the pool and got on my way, but not before profusely thanking Dan and his wife Pauline for helping out a traveller which after all is what hospitality actually is. Great people. Great place. Thank you. I can't wait to book and go back there.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank asbontheroad
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Room was spacious. Bed was quite comfortable. Close to the freeway so perfect for a stopover. Good guest ammenities with a pool, bbq, kids playground. A few minutes drive to town. Would be a good place for the cost concious to base themselves for exploring the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very cheap price for High season and the quality for the room is clean, fresh, etc. Some items in the room look old but they are still working order and there are no "OLD smell" in the room. Room look big.

Good owner, I called I will be late at around 10:30pm but end up 11pm owner still stay up until I got the room key.

Room Tip: Executive Twin Room has two double bed, can sleep 4 people.