“Lovely B&B Experience”

Ranked #3 of 10 Leura B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Lovely B&B Experience”
Reviewed 17 December 2008

I stayed one night at Broomelea with my family (5 adults and 1 baby) in 18 November 2008. I'm kind of B&B fans and stayed at B&Bs in the U.S., UK, Canada and Taiwan before, I'll say Broomelea is one of the best I have ever experienced.

We stayed at Spa Suite and Coach House on that day. Only one couple are another guests so we almost enjoyed a spacious and warmth Common Room and Breakfast Room in these short two days by our own family

The size of both rooms are spacious and cleaniness. The price of Coach House is cheaper than other rooms in the main house but I think it's great for the family with kids. But I can tell the difference is the amenity. In Spa Suites, the shower gel, shampoo/conditioner, handwash and hand cream are using Molton Brown. It's out of my expectation.

About the services, I really like the style of the owner he made just a right attention to us. He gave the privacy to us but was also easy to contact. He turned on the natural fireplace to us in the Common Room which was welcomed as we come from a hot and humid Hong Kong.

The breakfast is just adequate and have 3-4 choices for the main dishes. Also, the owner brought his lovely dogs to hi to us is a remark.

The distance from this B&B to the downtown of Leura is one 1minute for driving or 10 minutes for walking. Easy to find. Last but not the least, the owner recommended us good restaurants and lookout. Ask him, he knows lot of things.

I highly recommend to stay at Broomelea. I can imagine it's a popular residence during high season.

• Stayed November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hoiyin

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dublin
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Stayed in Broomelea for 3 nights when visitng the Blue Mountains.

All in all my experience there was lovely. Greeted very welcomingly on arrival by the owner who helped with the bags. and gave us the tour of the house.

We stayed in the Conservatory Suite the first night which was lovely, and stayed inthe Spa Suite for the remaining two nights. Both rooms were very big and both ensuite, with very good facilities.
Rooms are very clean and serviced daily. There is a general sitting room which offers loads of up to date videos and dvds (equipment supplied in all rooms) which was nice in the evenings and also every evening there is fresh cakes for guests which was a lovely touch.

The place is definitely great value for money and the only let down for me was the breakfast. Only two cereals - bran flakes and museli (for the healthy of heart) and cooked breakfast was good but scrambled egss had chives in it which was not to my taste and the pancakes were drenched in syrup so was not able to really eat them, with out feeling guilty for all the calories i was about to take in. Breakfast is only served for an hour as well so youneed to get up and moving or you lose out.

Anyway this is only a small thing and would not put me off going there again. The House is lovely, location wise only about 8 minute drive to Katoumba and Blue Mountians walks and they were extremely friendly there. Would stay again and would recommend to friends.

• Liked — Large clean rooms and nice welcome.
  • Disliked — Limited breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leura
The Carrington Hotel
Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort
Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains
Kurrara Historic Guest House

Been to Broomelea Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!