“Well worth a return visit”
Review of Zest - CLOSED

Zest
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zest is an informal licensed cafe/restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in a modern Australian and Mediterranean style. We take pride in using the freshest ingredients to cook up creative dishes. Our wines are sourced from Orange, Mudgee and the Central West and we use our very own coffee blend, which is roasted in the Blue Mountains. All our cakes and desserts are (also) house made. Serving Breakfast (8am till 11.30am) and Lunch (12pm till 3pm) seven days a week and Dinner on Tuesday till Saturday from 5.30pm
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Have been to Zest again today for breakfast. It is always enjoyable and has a nice buzz and friendly staff.

The breakfast menu has some imaginative suggestions and we chose the Zucchini Fritters $18 and the Shakshuka with Halumi $19. The fritters which had a nice flavour of cumin came topped with sour cream. The Shakshuka was baked and consisted of tomatoes, onion, paprika and capsicum with two eggs and halumi on top. They also have the regular brekkie offerings of bacon and eggs.

My coffee drinking companion had a mug of flat white $4.90 and said the milk froth of the coffee is of high quality with fine bubbles. I had a chocolate milkshake $5.50.

1  Thank Trish M

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Looking for lunch in Leura (Blue Mountains, NSW) then go no further than Zest! Small, comfortable, full of ambience with great, friendly, efficient staff and then there is the food.

Walk in the door and be welcomed with a big Hello and a Menu even after passing one on the street entrance then water to the table straight away.

Try the Falafel plate and the Pulled Pork sandwich - both fantastic. For something a little more spicy, the Shakshuka is really good. This is a cafe from Newtown or Paddington or Surry Hills transported to Leura.

What a great little find for lunch two days in a row - a bit of Zest in Leura.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went to Zest on a busy Sunday morning. They were happy to squeeze in our table of six, even though they were nearly full.
Food came out swiftly, as did the drinks and everyone was happily surprised at the quality of both.
I had the zuccini fritters and thoroughly enjoyed them!
We will definately be back next time we return to the Mountains!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Recently dined at this wonderful little hidden restaurant at the bottom of Leura mall after hearing raving reviews from friends. After being warmly welcomed and seated we quickly felt relaxed and 'at home' after skimming through the menu I couldn't look past the paella (which I had been told was too die for) and my husband the scotch fillet steak marinated in harrissa, and after no more than 15 minutes we had our meals, and the were both Devine as anticipated! The paella rich of paprika and tomato and lottts of PERFECTLY cooked seafood was outstanding and my husbands steak perfectly medium rare with a wonderful combination of vegetables. For dessert we shared a heavenly lush chocolate and orange pudding with the creamiest home made ice cream I've ever eaten. (you have inspired me to try and make my own!) The atmosphere in the restaurant was perfect the lighting, the soft playing music and the chatter of the restaurant all came together along with the food (and wine might I add!) too make this one of only a handful of restaurants In the blue mountains to provide an excellent dining experience without the need to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Great to have something different as well not just another modern australian restaurant! 10/10

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Zest is a new Leura restaurant open for lunch and dinner. On-line the menus look very good. An experience with an evening meal recently was most lacking in lustre. The good things are the wine list of affordabley priced, Orange and Cowra wines of good quality, freshly cooked food and comfortable chairs. The negatives are 1] the portions that are inadequate. My chicken breast on quinoa with a fennel and radish salad was actually garnished with a few slices of radish and three slices of fennel. I expected a lemony sauce, but the dish was dry. My partner’s paella did not resemble a paella. There was not enough rice or saffron. For dessert we chose the panna cotta, subtly flavoured with ginger. Very nice. 2] The lights are too bright and, when asked to adjust them, the staff dither, parroting excuses about no dimmers, and that they must get low light light globes. One couple put on their hats to shield their eyes. All in all, a disappointing and expensive experience.

2  Thank carolynandmichael