“Patience is a virtue....”

Segway Tours Blue Mountains
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in Leura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Introducing an exciting new way to experience the Blue Mountains. Our local guides will take you around the beautiful grounds of The Fairmont Resort, riding your Segway through forest and other varied terrain. Test your new skills and learn about the area, with glimpses of the Jamison Valley! You can ask us questions on the local area and don't worry about the training, we'll get you up to speed on how to ride and take you out for an amazing time. Adults $75, Children $65 Tour Times running 3x times Daily Min Weight 45 KGs, Max Weight 117KGs Full training and safety gear is included.
Manilva, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Patience is a virtue....”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My sister booked a day at the segway for 3 of us for my Australian hen's do. One of our party had segway'd before and took of on the practice car park, my sis and I a little more hesitent. After 10 minutes I got used to it but could see my sister struggling. The instructor was less than helpful in assisting her with learning to ride, and also at putting her at ease in anyway. I appreciate some may pick it up easily but when customers don't and are made to feel uncomfortable it ruins the experience for others. It as only the 3 of us on the tour so not wasting anybodies time except ours, which we paid a lot for. It was a shame as this was the start of what finished off an amazing day (elsewhere in the Blue Mountains) and seeing my sister so uncomfortable ruined the experience for myself. (My sister even said to the instructor that she was 'useless and she was sorry to hinder him' to which she received a nonchalent, hmmm. I questioned it myself later whilst he lay texting on his phone muttering about a hangover, during our paid excursion)
Shame really as I can see the potential for the place, once out on the track, which I since found out we hardly covered half of, and returned to spend another half hour on the grass.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank CleopatraCheshire

Hamilton, New Zealand
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and son enjoyed this very much. The instructor was good and explained everything really well. They did the hour long session, but they probably would have kept on going if they could have.

Visited January 2014
Queensland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Segway experience”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family and I had an opportunity to undertake a 90 minute Segway tour. Wow, it was a lot of fun. Our 9 year old son was a natural. This is an activity that provided many laughs from all those that participated. The instruction on how to operate the Segway was clear and there was ample opportunity to become comfortable with the machine before moving on to obstacle courses and bush tracks. If you are looking for an activity that is a little different from "the norm" definately give the Segway tour a go.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LuckyB3
Hobart, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The most fun you can have with your clothes on ;)”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My name is Cassandra, and I'm an addict.

Hubby and I love Segwaying so much that we wanted to introduce our friends to it whilst having a weekend away in the Blue Mountains. Our group of four were joined by another couple and after watching a safety/instruction type video we were kitted out with helmets and ready for our practise session. Ingrid tailored the practise to suit each of us. Some were experienced and others hadn't Segwayed before. Once we got our confidence Ingrid led us around a course that started easy and eventually had us doing more exciting challenges such as going up and down steep hills, over big humps, and balancing on a plank.

It was all great fun. This was our 6th time Segwaying, and I can't imagine we'll ever lose interest. Either scooting around big cities like Paris or dirt tracks in the grounds of the Fairmont resort - you can't beat Segways!

Thanks to Ingrid for an awesome experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank barrydoll
Campbelltown, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Enjoyed this immensely. Not difficult to learn how, and had a great time around the grounds and bush of Fairmont Resort. The organisers could make the course a little more challenging for confident riders, but for a family outing, this is good for everyone from kids to grandparents.

Visited March 2013