Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
Old Leura Dairy(Leura)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$135
US$98
Bethany Manor Bed & Breakfast(Leura)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$166
Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort(Leura)(Great Value!)
US$105
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
2,658 results
All reviewseucalypt restaurantbuffet dinnerembers barmerry go roundblue mountainsgolf clubsuperior roomsublime loungepony ridestennis courtsindoor poolschool holidaysgreat resorttrain ridesublime pointgames roomtable tennis
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our stay at the Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains was very pleasant. The room was large, comfortable and configurated well. The cathedral ceilings were particularly of note and the bathroom was lovely. The hotel is in a very picturesque setting with lovely gardens and of course lends itself to viewing the beautiful Blue Mountains.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Fairmont7resort, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Kes,
Thank you, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Allow me to explain our evening to you, we arrived at eucalypt restaurant at 8.30 in the evening (the time we had booked with reception when we checked in earlier that afternoon) they had no record of us being in the book. We just put this down to our afternoon check in and the memo not reaching the restaurant in time, so they looked for a table and offered us the choice of 2, one was a 4 top and the other set up for 2. The 4 top had a better location so after they offered to clear 2 of the place settings we opted for that one.
After 15 minutes of being seated we tried to get the attention of our waiter this we managed to do as they were clearing a table in the corner we managed to get some menus and water for the 2 of us we were still sitting at the table set up for 4 trying to have a romantic meal and not letting the 2 empty place settings on our table distract us from enjoying my partner's special birthday night.
We finally received our water and placing our order at 8.55, the house cured salmon starter to share (which sounded so nice and had so much potential to be a light and delicate dish we were really looking forward to this as the native limes are a personal favorite of ours) the whiting and game tasting platter as a main course there was a couple of things on there that I had not experienced yet and I am very open to trying new ingredients and flavor combinations. To finish we had pre ordered the deconstructed snickers, which was highly recommended by 2 of our waiters (we like to get the opinion of the floor staff as they have a better understanding of the components of each dish and how they are prepared and presented in that establishment, having tried the food before).
We waited another 15 minutes which took us up until 9.15 before we could catch the attention of a passing floor staff it just so happened they were bringing out the amuse so we thought the meal had started coming (maybe they had to get something on cooking that took a bit longer before our amuse bouche arrived at the table) and would continue to come out with reasonable time between each course.
After we had finished the salmon roulade amuse bouche, we waited a further 10 minutes for our amuse to be cleared and starter to be brought to the table we felt this was ample time, to put together the cured salmon salad starter so we tried to flag down our waiter to enquire as to the whereabouts of our starter at that moment the main course arrived from the kitchen. We informed the new waitress of the mix up between the starter and main course order of service but as we were hungry we decided to keep the main course plates at the table and they could bring the salad out once the salmon was cured.
To our amazement the whiting had a strong fishy aroma and we could see from the look of the fish it was dry and overcooked so when we turned it over we had another surprise in the form of carbon that comes from either a heavily soiled pan or griddle plate, (I have worked in all aspects of the industry so seen alot). This was not only unpalatable even the veg had been neglected it was just cooked in water so bland and unexciting. As for the game it was such a beautiful idea for a dish to show case the local produce but so poorly executed, that it was not only disappointing but insulting to put it in front of anyone and expect them to pay $45 for that as a main course… the kangaroo was just sealed and served blue…the emu was a strange combination of thinly sliced meat, stock syrup and a brunoise of kumera(this doesn’t describe caramelized) and the wild boar whilst not terrible was not much of a saving grace (I know the cooking degrees of meat and fish as I was the head butcher at a 3 michelin starred restaurant and before I was on that section I was in charge of cooking the fish and sauces in the same establishment).
My standards are not too high I am able to look at a place and match my expectations to the reputation now the bar wasn’t amazingly high as you guys haven’t been awarded a hat so the expectation was towards the lower end of fine dining… So once we had determined the main courses were not fit for consumption we decided to consult with Ashley the newly appointed supervisor of Eucalypt on Saturday night, to see what arrangement we could come to in a way to solve our dilemma of not having eaten anything except the amuse bouche and smelling the main courses in the hour and a half we had been seated in the restaurant!
They promptly took the plates away and brought out our starter by this time our evening which had started off with such promise, full of celebration and joy had started to nose dive towards disappointment. We had received the starter by now which looked as sad as the main course had tasted the house cured salmon was not very fresh and full of flavor as the description had lead us to believe and we were hard pressed to find any of the native lime dressing amongst the salad which left it dry and boring to eat, by this time we were unable to flag down a waiter.
We had the salmon removed from the table and settled on having our remaining course left to send out the highly recommended deconstructed snickers. So we waited patiently for 15 minutes before I looked down at our fresh cutlery and was astonished to find in my fingers a texture which shouldn’t be found even on dirty cutlery it was grime that had been cooked onto the fork by a dish washer I know not all cutlery can be polished but there’s a difference between watermarked and grime. This was the final straw for my partner and I so after finally flagging down our waitress we informed her of the dirty cutlery we had accidently been set up with she looked very nonchalant and took them away.
We were starting to feel very stupid wasting what was supposed to be a delightful evening, getting ignored by your floor staff and supervisor who by this stage of the evening was nowhere to be seen we decided we would head up to the reception where we could voice our concerns. We relayed the story about our culinary experience he made some notes and offered us anything we wanted from the mini bar complimentary, we turned this generous offer down, we settled on having a coffee and cake in the upstairs lounge which was quite pleasant I’m under the impression that the desserts came from the other kitchen. I figured that the night receptionist might have made a note about our experience for the morning team so we weren’t automatically charged for our culinary experience, this didn't happen and we were billed the full charge for the evening meal. We had the rather pleasant breakfast buffet with the amazing view and went back to the room to pack then head to reception to deal with our complaint again.
The lovely receptionist went and got the food and beverage manager an average height gentleman with a beard (I didn’t catch his name either) we relived the experience to him again to which he assured me that he had tried this chefs food and was super satisfied with it not even acknowledging my experience and totally disregarding my opinion on our experience, he proclaimed that the new menu starting in a couple of weeks is sensational and he patronizingly announced how confident he was that we would be back, he stated that of course we wouldn’t be charged for the experience that was on the house and they removed that from my bill. The thing that I am really disappointed in is the aftercare we received from the customer care team. I was assured they would look into it and they would get back to me very soon which never happened and that was over a month ago now and still no word it feels like they have just neglected this case, I guess you got to put some things down to experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tommy P

Dear Tommy,
I am very sorry that the actions of our staff at the time of your stay did not reddress the issues you experienced.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We ( couple and a 9yr old) stayed for 2 nights. The location was excellent- being on the edge of Leura meant that it felt like we were part of the National park yet it was only a 10 minute drive to Leura shops.Staff were very friendly and efficient.
The large foyer had great views right into the mountains and several fireplaces created an excellent first impression and general ambience. Our room- Superior Queen was lovely- very comfy beds,extremely clean- the only problem was poor water pressure. The High Tea was good, as were the light meals in the Sublime Lounge. The buffet breakfast was great, food- wise but the room felt like a busy RSL club-dingy,crowded( although it was Mothers Day so may not usually be that busy).The seafood buffet was good. We didnt try the other 2 restaurants. The activities for children were exceptional- 3 separate,pleasant playrooms for different age groups and the indoor pool. Our daughter was very impressed! I agree with vivianhc about the pool area- needs renovation - but the water was beautifully warm.It was too cold to swim in the outdoor pool but that area had been renovated very nicely. Unfortunately the change area was undergoing renovations which meant that people were dripping and shivering on their way back to their rooms. The Day Spa is also undergoing renovations which was disappointing , especially as these renovations were not mentioned in any prior information. However, we did get a very good deal and that was probably thanks to the renovations occuring at that time! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definately go back ,and for longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adel A
Fairmont7resort, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Adel
We are pleased you and your family enjoyedour location and Staff, restaurants and kids activities. Our breakfast restaurant will be undergoing refurbishment later in the year and like the spa area all improvements are designed to enhance our guests experience.
we hope you will visit us again in the future

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My partner and I visited from the city and wanted a couple of days away so we chose Fairmont with its selection of wonderful restaurants and facilities. Unfortunately upon arrival we found that some of the activities were undergoing renovation, and when we took a stroll around the children's play area and pool it looked quite drab, dirty, poorly lit and in need of some urgent renovations.

However this didn't spoil our time - the reservations staff were more than happy to upgrade us to a superior room for my partner's birthday, which was a very generously sized room including an in-room spa. The bed was large and comfy although the pillows were dreadful and I had a hard time sleeping the first night. They still have a turn down service and complimentary bottled water so the little touches were nice.

Upon waking up we had a nice view overlooking the pool and lake. Breakfast was included in our package and the buffet spread was fantastic! So much to choose from and a lot of fresh fruit. We also visited Eucalypt restaurant, a fine dining restaurant with exceptional cuisine. Overall we enjoyed our stay, and would return unless we wanted to try another part of the Blue Mountains

Room Tip: If you are travelling in down season, definitely see if you can score a complimentary upgrade (since the unoccupied rooms will be going to waste anyway!) and a room facing the lake for a pretty view. Also try the restaurants in the resort which are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont7resort, General Manager at Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Vivian,
Thank you for choosing Fairmont and thank you for you well expressed comments on your stay. We are certainly renovating the pool and childrens areas to improve the facilities and presentation of the area. This will include a Day Spa and new cafe for the pool area as well as a general upgrade of the finishes.
Thankyou for your kind comments about breakfast and Embers - please do return tio experience the upgraded facilities later in the year.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner and i stayed over the weekend, and we had higher expectations then what was delivered. Had a few minor issues like the button for shower/bath didn't; work and had to pull it apart.. or the key card holder in the door needed three cards in order to activate that a card was in there.
The staff were lovely when we dealt with them at reception or at breakfast.
From our walk around the hotel i found it was more aimed as a family resort with four kids games rooms.
I would stay there again to give it a fair go but might wait a while.

Room Tip: We stayed in 308, nice vew of trees and some mountain ranges. If the floor has a lot of kids on it, you can hear them run up and down the floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon H

Dear Sharon,
Thamnk you fro stayiing with us at Fairmont, We do apreciate the honest & helpful feedback. I am very sorry the issues with the shower/bath and keycard detracted from your stay. On a positive note, we are replacing the oolder type of shower splitter which caused yoour problems. I hope you will try us again in the future.