When you drive into the resort, it looks really lovely and friendly, and mum and I were really looking forward to getting our stuff into our room after a long day at the Jenolan Caves.
The lady at reception was not incredibly friendly, but there weren't any problems at reception. However, when we walked into our room we saw that it was actually someone else's room! It was clearly "lived in" with dirty baby nappies lying about and the bed unmade. We quickly walked out and back to reception where we did not receive an apology for the 'mix-up' and were just handed a new room key card.
Hoping that it wasn't going to happen again, we walked into what was a semi-clean room. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months, there were cobwebs behind cupboards (clearly visible) and in the corners of the ceiling. The room was dark and smelt of mould or damp carpet. The little balcony was nice, but I didn't want to sit with the spiders and cobwebs. The bed covering looked dirty, like it had never been washed, and I pulled it off the bed immediately as I didn't want to even sit on it! The toilet was clean, but both the toilet and bathroom was in desperate need of an update.
Wanting to make ourselves a cup of coffee, we realised that the 'fully-stocked' bar fridge had only one serving of milk with two beers, a coke, diet coke, and sprite, but no bar fridge list...Heading back to reception to ask for more milk servings, mum asked about the 'fully-stocked' bar fridge and what should be included as there was no list and we did not want to be charged for things we didn't take. The response was "We have no bar fridge lists, so don't worry about it. We won't charge you." Mum returned with about 5 servings of milk, while I refused to make coffee in dirty mugs with dirty teaspoons.
The shower took a while to warm up, but was okay, although we did find some stray hairs which clearly did not belong to mum or I.
Although the room was not in a good condition, the bed sheets were clean, and it was a pretty comfortable bed. Mum and I both slept very well ignoring our surroundings.
Breakfast the next morning was of low standard. Mum wanted Weetbix with warm milk, and when asked if warm milk was available, the 'staff' said no. Is it not possible to warm some milk up for your guests??? The Olive Tree Restaurant was run down with stale bread and rubbery eggs and terrible service from the staff.
Check out was another story... Again, and unfriendly staff member checked us out, and when I asked for a Compliments and Complaints form, she was unable to find one for us. Nothing was asked of our stay and how we enjoyed it.
None of the staff were in uniform, making it hard to know who was staff and who was a guest. The gardens needed to be groomed and overall maintenance is needed of the so called 'hotel'.
A $50 holding fee was taken from my credit card at check in, and a week later, I am still waiting for it to be released back into my account.
Although mum and I enjoyed our time in the Blue Mountains immensely, the accommodation was an extreme disappointment. The service was shocking and cleanliness frightning, and it is definitely overpriced!
Four star??? I think two!!!
I would not recommend this place to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort offers warm country hospitality set amidst 4.5 acres of landscaped gardens and overlooking the 4th fairway of Leura Golf Course, the Resort offers a relaxing and memorable venue for any occasion.The location is perfect, only minutes from all the attractions of the Blue Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Hotel Leura
- Leura Gardens Hotel
- Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort Blue Mountains, Australia