Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsleura mallstudio roomsecure parkinggreat locationblue mountainsapartment was cleantrain stationfull kitchenrail linewashing machine and dryerno liftclose to shopslarge bathroomspa bathcafes and restaurantsshort walkgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights during the working week sometime ago. We were on business in the Katoomba area

It was a good central location for us - delightful scenery to enjoy.

The room was reasonable spacious and appointed. Reasonable quiet, although located next to the railway line.

We found no issues to complain about.

In the evening we could take a short walk to a few restaurants or a short drive to quite a few locations around Katoomba for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway line.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MacTrooper
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear MacTrooper

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located directly opposite Leura train station. We are located at the top of Leura Mall and it is a short walk to the restaurants and shops. The Blue Mountains sightseeing bus stops directly opposite the hotel reception. If you have a car Katoomba is a few minutes drive or alternatively you can go by train. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Cheyne Stebbing
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed in a studio unit over a weekend. Leura is basically closed after 5 pm Saturday and Sunday, so it was not a good choice for a weekend stay. The reception desk is staffed minimal hours on the weekend, so after checking in there was no one available to help with a problem in our room. The room itself was spacious, and the free laundry facilities were a pleasant surprise.But Leura just isn't a good choice for a weekend stay; Katoomba would have been much more active.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camp_boo

Dear camp_boo

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review online. Leisure Inn Spires is located directly opposite Leura train station at the top of Leura Mall. Leura village has a range of boutique style shops, cafes, restaurants and galleries which are all open during the day. In the evenings it is generally quiet with the exception of a few restaurants and bars which are open late. Most visitors to Leura are attracted to the relaxed nature of the town and the natural wonders of the Blue Mountains. Our reception is open from 9am to 5pm on weekends, we are currently reviewing the possibility of extending these hours. We do have an after-hours reception service that can be contacted by dialling 9 from the hotel room or by pressing the intercom button outside the reception office. Any problems can then be communicated to the on-site Manager. I am pleased that you found the room spacious and enjoyed the convenience of having a laundry provided. Thank you once again for leaving a review

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for five nights. the apartment was spacious and had all the amenities you would want although the layout doesn't inspire and the kitchen units look as though they have been thrown at the wall.. The view from the balcony is of the major highway but traffic noise is not an issue at night. What was an issue was the bed. The mattress was awful and we were forever rolling into the centre so not a good night's sleep.
The position is excellent with easy walking access to the very pleasant village of Leura and the superb Blue Mountain walks to the Cascades etc. We found the people at reception to be friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Internet access for our 5 day stay would have cost a staggering A$64. We walked to a local bookstore and paid A$2 for long enough to get all emails sent. If you are driving from Sydney you can avoid the toll roads with a bit of planning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Bill M.
Thank you for your recent feedback. It was great to hear a majority of your stay was enjoyed by you and your wife. I am sorry you encountered an issue with the bed and a poor night’s sleep. I would appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss this further. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again at the hotel when you next choose to stay with us.
Regards,

Simple checkout
Value for money accommodation

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter K
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Spires - Blue Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Peter
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us. It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff and I appreciated receiving your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel when next you choose to stay with us.
Kind regards
Anthony Phillips

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for one night during a visit to the Blue Mountains.

The first impression we got, given to us by the receptionist, was terrible. She was quite possibly the rudest person I have ever met. She barked her orders at me. When I asked a question, her reply was basically that she would tell me that in her own good time and not at this point in the proceedings.

The room was entirely average. Not that good, not that bad. I think it was clean. Judging by the smell, large amounts of bleach had been used in there so I'm sure it was clean. The kitchen was pretty good.

The smell in the lobby was not so comforting. It was as if a cat was living in there and using it as a toilet, which was unpleasant.

If I was travelling to Leura again, I'd try somewhere else first.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sydknee1

I am sorry to hear that you encountered problems with your stay with us. Could you please contact me to discuss this further.
Regarding the odour in the common areas this was due to all the carpets being steam cleaned recently and a heavy extraction of lemon was used as part of the process. Even now the lemon smell is still present.
Each day we have since kept all common area doors open in an effort to further assist with ventilation.
I look forward to you contacting me soon.

Kind regards