“Dismal Service, OK food”
Review of Wayzgoose Cafe

Wayzgoose Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Leura
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were so hungry and we saw this place. We went in and there was one server. Food was ok, nothing special. Could be better if there were more waitress to serve as we had to wait a long time.

There are newer reviews for Wayzgoose Cafe

Reviewed 29 March 2014

A must visit and a must eat experience. If you don't eat a scone in a pot in Wayzgoose Cafe you're Wayuncool Okay.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a late lunch at this place. The menu looked promising but unfortunately didn't deliver. The place itself ( seems to be a family run?) looked dirty- tables were not waited so dirty plates were all over ( not too appetizing). We ordered lamb stack which was too greasy and could benefit from a slice of bread. Chicken club was again too greasy had too much greens inside and lacking any taste. Veggie burger was decent but again lacking flavor. Sliced tomato in sandwiches was semi-green and a few end pieces which shows lack of care. One of the waitresses, a young girl was kind of unfriendly-dropped the food off and ran away, didn't reply to our Thank You. The fries were good and we wished we ordered a basket of those instead of all our meals! Will not be coming back.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We were last here years ago and had the famous flowerpot scones and it was all fantastic. Having saved some space after lunch at the wonderful Zest down the road, we then came back here for scones after a stroll. I was a bit apprehensive when we walked in because there were dirty dishes lying around with flies on several of the tables. No one took any interest in us so we went and sat ourselves down as there were several vacant tables. (Now I know why). The floors had what looked like crumbs from the tables wiped onto them and it had a "dirty" feel about it. But we were determined to have those scones. We made our way to what looked like a clean table and after a few minutes had to call to a waitress to take our order. Our scones and coffee eventually arrived. I had to get the attention of a very miserable waitress for some cutlery who when she eventually brought over the knives had them sticking out from the side of her hand so that if I didn't say something, would have sliced into my daughter's face. She couldn't care less. She put them down and walked away. I then asked another waitress for some napkins. She showed me where they were so I had to get them myself. We had our scones, they were ok, nothing like they used to be, coffee which was also just ok and left. No tip for this lot! Mind you, I did observe one of the waitresses clearing a table and wiping all the crumbs onto the floor. The decor of this place is very flower powerish if you get my drift which could be fun if the service and cleanliness was better. Sadly, we won't be going back here again!!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We discovered this place before we had children and we are still going there every time we are up in the Blue Mountains.

Great value, very yummy fresh food. I recommend the Greek lamb stack and Chicken pot pie. The kids are always very happy with the meals as are we.

We will be back.