“Surprisingly good!”

Embers Bar
Ranked #32 of 42 Restaurants in Leura
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Australian
Description: Experience a fusion of Blue Mountains and regional flavours. Soak in the rich mountain atmosphere created by the iconic stone central fireplace set to a backdrop of soaring floor to ceiling Jamison Valley views.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Our meals - prawns, salmon and lamb dishes - cooked to perfection. Lovely open fire. Casual dining at its best.

There are newer reviews for Embers Bar

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited for dinner and they seemed very short staffed - hard to get their attention for menus, then to order. My partner's steak was average, and my duck ravioli which came highly recommended was quite chewy and hard - obviously the pasta was not cooked fresh, and there was simply a wrong ratio of filling to pasta. The staff were fairly friendly but wouldn't go back for the food - could definitely find a cheaper place for a better feed.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had lunch at Embers yesterday. The view was great, staff very friendly but the food was one of the worst meals I have had in a long time. I had the Battered Dory which was riddled with bones. My wife had the steak sandwich and the steak was very fatty and mostly inedible. I think the restaurant is very overpriced for the quality of food you get. As is said though, staff are very friendly and view is great.

1  Thank ryan k
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had the most amazing dinner here and all loved our meals. The wait staff were very attentive and helpful. We had lunch here the following day and it was still amazing, however we were a little disappointed that one of our meals did not come out with the rest and we had to wait for 5-10 minutes for the final meal to be delivered. Not a good idea to serve until all meals are ready. However the food and service apart from this were soo good that I still rate an excellent.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Embers is a beautiful restaurant in the Fairmont Resort set against the backdrop of the Blue Mountains with a high vaulted ceiling and ornate stone fireplace with wide chimney stretching up to the vaulted ceiling 20 metres above. The staff are pleasant and moderately attentive and the ambience of the restaurant at dinner time is wonderful.
Here's where Embers let us down on a special night out:
- 15 minutes from being seated to taking our order.
- When the garlic bread arrived we had to ask for plates to eat it I'm.
- Having stated clearly to the waitress that we would skip entrees as our girls (14 & 10) were very hungry, it was 1/2 hour from taking our order to getting the garlic bread and a full hour until the mains arrived.
- Three tables that arrived after us received their meals before us.
- My wife's lamb blackstrap that was ordered medium rare was very well done and cold.
- My 14yo's beef fillet was medium (Not medium rare) and only lukewarm.
- We had to specifically ask for steak knives for the 2 beef fillets as they were not tender enough for the standard knives provided.
- My John Dory and chips was okay but a little oily which usually happens when the oil is not hot enough.

I shared my meal with my wife but had to steal cutlery from another table and use the plate from under the vegetables.

The manager did come over and apologise profusely and offered free drinks etc. When we got the bill at the end of the meal we had to send it back to the manager and he sorted it out quickly, taking off my wife's meal and all the drinks bringing the cost down from $170 to $103 which made us feel a lot better.