“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Ranked #7 of 20 things to do in Leura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was the worst experience in the blue mountains, unfriendly overpriced $40.00 2 children 2 adults. Dusty rooms with do not touch signs everywhere after you pay the exsorbedent fee you have to keep paying to see the exhibits. Mostly junk and the dioramas are probably the worst you will ever see. 4 different scales in 1 diorama. Also the owner has got signs on them with his own political views. If you want a feeling of being ripped off then visit this discracfull place.

8  Thank Wolfgang K
in 10 reviews
"doc"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 9 March 2014

if you are a family or a couple or an individual interested in -Gardens, Trains,
Toys over the last 90 years and spectacular views this is a lovely place to go.
A tad on the pricey side for a family i fear. the House and Garden for 2 was
$28 and $2 each for the amphitheathre across the road -which is a must.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited the museum on a foggy Saturday afternoon with our 3 little ones aged 4, 3 and 22 months.

As soon as we finished paying for the entrance, the lady owner announced her house rule. No banging on the glass and children must walk beside parents.

A little startled with the unfriendliness, we have just paid $48. So it was too late for us to turn around and leave.

We were conscious with the rules so were extra careful with making our kids behave. They were good little kids who just looked and did not touch anything or run around.

The truth is the collection did not interest the kids that much anyway. And the old house was creepy for kids. Not to mention pieces of rugs here and there that trip the kids over.

We went through everything on the first floor within 10 minutes. There was not that much to see.

As we made our way up the stairs, my 3 year old tripped. The lady owner appeared on top of the stair and said sternly to my son "you must get up and walk properly."

I could not believe it. She was not joking. She was not sympathetic of a little boy who tripped over. We were paying guests who were made to feel like criminals.

Before I could say anything, she continued on and said "children need to walk beside their parents."

I explained to her politely my son tripped over, he did not damage anything.

I was furious.

I told the lady politely that they really should make it known to people that children under 5 are not welcomed. Her response is they've had plenty of naughty kids in the museum before, but she cannot ban children because it is hard not to associate toy and railway museum with children.

That just translates to me as "if I banned children I will not make money and I really want $$$ so I have no choice but to put up with children."

It felt like a trap. Parents wonder in with excited children after paying for the ticket only to realise children are not welcomed. In fact, they will be really mean and rude to you and your children.

DON'T GO THERE WITH YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE ONES. It is so unpleasant.

The museum is tiny. It's really not worth the money.

15  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to this house on a whim in bad weather and expected to see a beautifully maintained old mansion. The grounds were fabulous and we enjoyed a little walk through however the house is crammed full of toys and artifacts and you can't go in to any of the upstairs rooms. There was nowhere to have a cuppa and although the house itself is beautiful, I wouldn't pay to go here again.

6  Thank shelbyloo89