“A great experience.”
Review of Leura House

Leura House
Ranked #5 of 10 Leura B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013

It's a shame we only got to stay for 1 night.
The building in itself is a beautiful 18th century building full of character and a very nice sense of homeliness.
The owner Garry amd his wife made us feel so welcome and were there to help us with whatever we needed without any hassle. The room in itself is a standard hotel room but for the price we paid it was 100% worth it. The living area was just gorgeous and spacious.We sat by an open fire to eat our dinner and the room was full of lounges, tables and entertainment including foxtel, board games, puzzles and books. There was even sweets and fresh fruit available for when we had finished dinner. A very warm and homely feel. The gardens out the back are perfect if you have kids and it is just as nice to sit out in the sun for a cup of tea. We can't wait to go back for a longer amount of time.

Thanks for having us!!

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Leura House

Reviewed 4 May 2013

In saying that there was no room at the inn, I mean they lost our booking! How annoying after I booked and paid online a week and some days ago. And yes I have the receipt. When my daughter and her husband arrived at 2.00 checkin time, they were told there was no booking and therefore no room. They had driven four hours to get there as they had a wedding to attend at 3.00 in Wentworth Falls.
After lots of phone calls and posturing and blaming , my daughter was told she could have a room at the Clarendon in Katoomba.. All good and well, but by now it was almost 2.30. No time to check in over there till after the wedding..
My daughter then had to prepare herself for the wedding in the public toilet! They were not even offered a room to change in..
I lived in Leura for 38 years until very recently, and I have never heard of such bad manners at this guest house. I knew the previous owners in a business capacity, and had no hesitation making my booking. Sadly I was not aware of the change of ownership.. Will read reviews next time...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RainyKO
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We arrived late in Leura, (well about 7pm) and after being told by one property that they didn't accept anyone after 5.30 ! we arrived at Leura House where they were more than happy to accommodate us. We took 2 standard rooms in the stately mansion and were more than happy at the standard of the room.
The property is at the top of Leura Mall, so only a couple of minutes walk into town to the restaurants and shops. We were very happy with the lovely welcome we received, the rooms and the property and lovely gardens. We would happily recommend it to others for a beautiful old world experience with modern facilities..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tery
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed in this house way over 16 years ago... I kind of had good memories of that staying and that's why I decided to stay again for this Easter long weekend.
What a crap! The room was appalling!!! The furniture is old and not comfortable at all. I'm not even going to talk about the tackiness of the decor because this is not relevant. The television was ancient, had no remote control and only one channel working. Both days I was there, there was no hot water (just slightly warm) and I was grateful it wasn't so cold or I'd be frozen to death. For the price I paid ($243 a night...) I was expecting much more!!! It seems to me this house has been totally neglected since I was there last.... Horrible!!!
I definitely do not recommend to anybody nor am I coming back to that awful awful place!!!!

Room Tip: Dont' go there... It's a rip off!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brazo_13
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We recently stayed for a night at Leura House. We loved the beauty of the old building and felt as though we were staying in a part of history. The room was spacious with great furnishings and a beautiful view. We found the host to be very welcoming, we only wish we could have had the time to spend more than one night. We will definitely return. Leura House exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My wife and I recently stayed for one night at Leura House. The building had loads of character and the gardens, even allowing for the mist and rain, provided a great setting. We stayed in one of the standard rooms, but even it had a quaint charm, though it lacked hanging space. The breakfast was tasty and the dining area, which looked out into the garden, was very pleasant.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony K
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We stayed at this beautiful property on the weekend. It was right after the reports of snowfall, koatic road hazards and power outages in the area. We drove all the way from
Canberra and arrived very late at and didn't know what to expect. As we drove in the gate lights were shining on the melting snow and everything was really quite. We found the lamps turned on in our rooms which were heated and the electric blankets were switched on too. We were so excited we stayed up for a while drinking tea and crept around the verandas to look at more melting snow. We felt like we were somewhere really special. It's a grand old house and after reading some of the previous comments I think anyone who expects a 5 star resort should probably stay somewhere else. I can certainly say that we were comfortable, our bed was comfortable and we slept soundly. There were extra blankets and pillows in the cupboard which we didn't end up needing because we were so warm. In the morning the sunny weather surprised us and we could see the gardens by day which felt like we were discovering something new all over again.
Our family all met downstairs for breakfast where we helped ourself and then were told we'd be served with a hot breakfast also which was unexpected and very delicious. Perhaps my only disappointment was that we could not extend our stay with a late checkout as there was a function booked. We would like to have had this option, but we've decided we'll just have to come back again. It was cosy and inviting our family want to make it an annual event.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank diane d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leura
The Carrington Hotel
Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains - MGallery Collection
Alexandra Hotel
Alexandra Hotel
#6 of 10 in Leura

Been to Leura House? Share your experiences!