“Excellent in every detail”
Review of Silk's Brasserie

Silk's Brasserie
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Leura
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1994 Silk's Brasserie has been the go-to restaurant for quality dining on the Blue Mountains. Warm attentive service and great food set the standard. Open 7 days for both lunch and dinner, bookings are always recommended and often essential. (Check for public holidays, we're not always open.)
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Reading through Trip Advisor, there is a general theme of Silk's Brasserie as being an excellent restaurant. So we went there for a meal and all I can say is everything about the restaurant is excellent in every detail. From the moment you are welcomed at the front door, to having the most delicious gourmet meals served artistically on the plate, through to the professional and courteous service of all staff. This is a restaurant on par with any top restaurant, even exceeding some top restaurants in well known cities. The wine list is excellent and even has half bottles of superb wine. After ordering some champagne for a predinner toast, our waiter asked us if we were celebrating something special - Yes it was my birthday. To our surprise, when our desserts arrived at our table, there was a Happy Birthday message written in chocolate on the plate. What a thoughtful gesture!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

This delightfully decadent restaurant was recommended by Kathryn, the owner of Glenella Guesthouse in Blackheath and she was absolutely correct. Silk's offered fresh seafood, local lamb, and delectable desserts, plus eclectic offerings of wines from Australia and the world. The sommelier was very knowledgable and the ambiance divine. the service was friendly and professional and our waiter was familiar with the menu for the evening. Be sure to make reservations, because it's a well known gem by locals and travelers on holiday for a short respite from Sydney.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We ate here on Xmas eve whilst In Leura. The food is delicious and good value for money in my opinion. I would have given this place 5/5 apart from some issues with the service we received.

After being seated nobody came to take our drinks order or even give us a menu. After 20 minutes I asked and the staff were very apologetic over things and gave us a complimentary drink.

My impression is this was a one off so I would recommend this place to others whilst in Leura.

1  Thank AtticusFinch14
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I won't write much on how much we enjoyed eating here, but I have to say that what we read about this restaurant on tripadvisor before we decide to eat there was actually the reality about what others and we expected and what we experienced.

The staff were so lovely, super friendly, welcoming, they love their jobb, and know what their doing. This is very important to us!

The food was delicious and the wine was so matching. It was worthy what we paid for.

The only one thing I didn't like personally was the chairs! well, the interior was more European style however, I still prefer more comfortable seats.

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

It was our first anniversary & we wanted to make it special. Pity they didn't mention it or say congrats, but apart from that no complaints at all. Food was superb & service was great. Especially loved the prawn entree & beef as main. Wished I could eat more! Stunning little gem, & I'd love to go back.