“Overpriced but Extremely Good Food”
Review of Silk's Brasserie

Silk's Brasserie
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Leura
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1994 Silk's Brasserie has been the go-to restaurant for quality dining on the Blue Mountains. Warm attentive service and great food set the standard. Open 7 days for both lunch and dinner, bookings are always recommended and often essential. (Check for public holidays, we're not always open.)
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My dad and I were recommended this restaurant so we decided to give it a try. It was very pretentious and way over priced. With that said, the service was very good and the food was delicious.

1  Thank morgan m

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was my second visit to Silks, after remembering having a fantastic meal last time. This visit confirmed it is my favourite in the Blue Mountains for food. We went to Darleys the night before, which is lovely, and the space is gorgeous, but I have to say our meal at Silks we much more enjoyable.

The plates are hot so the meal stays hot. The service is great, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. I had the scallops followed by the salmon. Scallops were good, although not my favourite part of the meal. Salmon was fantastic. My partner had the tataki which was amazing, and the order envy dish of the night. He also had the duck which he thoroughly enjoyed. We shared the orange and almond pudding which was zesty, comforting and delicious. We will definitely be back again and recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was in Leura for a little over a week for a work conference so got to eat at most of the area restaurants. Silk's was the best. You walk in and right away you can tell that they have the fine dining thing down. The decor speaks to a high attention to detail, which translates to the high quality of food. The service was very good, wine recommendations perfect, and my lamb dish exceptional with flavor. My colleague dining with me was equally impressed.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a fabulous meal at Silks; the lobster bisque was excellent, also lovely scallops with zucchini flower. Beef was melt in the mouth tender, the kangaroo was pronounced delicious, as was the lamb. Staff were friendly and attentive, helpful with a superb local wine choice. Only one of us had room for dessert, decadent chocolate mousse. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well appointed restaurant with great food and a large wine selection. The service too was great - the waiters are full of informative information about the courses and wine. Up there in price but really its worth it. Highly recommended.