“Rude rude lady”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

While visiting the Blue Mountains with our friends we decided to give Le Gobelet a try. We had not read any reviews as we were just walking by. My husband and I entered first, she asked if we had reservations, politely told her no. Our friends entered with their small children and she freaked. Told us to leave she has dogs and closed the door in our face. I can understand her not wanting children in her restaurant but there is a polite way of telling people not yelling at them. So I cannot give this restaurant a review on their cuisine.....just the owner.

2  Thank PrideofTexas

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went to celebrate the birth of baby Ethan - boys wetting the babies head lunch and were certainly not disappointed. The service always friendly with a laugh and the food, i had forgotten how good it was. Get in quick and experience it soon as the place is on the market for sale.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I attended a pre-wedding get-together lunch party for a local couple and a group of friends. This is the favourite restaurant of the couple and they warned us that service would be very slow. It was indeed slow. A few of us used the time to go for a short walk around the little village centre for about 20 minutes or so and still arrived good time. The food for our large group of 16 arrived together, so there was no issue of some starting to eat while others waited. The food was delicious; I had the pate and the rabbit but between us we sampled a majority of dishes on the menu and the reviews were all favourable. The couple who own the restaurant (he is chef and she is front of house) were delightful, although a little eccentric. We all had a wonderful time and I will jump at the chance to visit again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Yes the service is slow - you are warned before you enter with a sign at the door. But to be perfectly honest we didn't mind one bit. The restaurant is full of character with the decor. But my fav character of all is Mirelle, she was so entertaining and truly made our night amazing.
Our wine was delicious - with a great selection of Australian and French varieties.
But the food wow - so very delicious and full of flavour. My crab crepe was exceptional - I could have had 2x!
My friends chicken she said was bursting with flavour and loved it.
Will definitely head back when in Leura.

1  Thank Diamondsinchampagne
Reviewed 16 August 2013

On the recommendation of friends, we were told to 'experience' this interesting restaurant. We were warned that there could be a considerable wait for our order, "but when it finally arrives, you will completely forget about it" and that some nights "there is good free verbal entertainment between the owners"
We were warmly welcomed by Mde Mirelle who seated us at a table beside a welcome fire, she explained the menu along with a several 'specials'. We couldnt find fault with any of her service even though she managed the 'front' of the restaurant by herself. Our entrees arrived within what I would call reasonable timing. Then our 'mains' would have been around 30mins later - we were quite surprised as our expectation was for much later..all of our selections were delicious and beautifully plated. Overall, we were probably a bit disappointed that we had missed out on some 'expectations' - it was pretty much a normal restaurant! Mirelle has a delightful accent along with a quick wit - we thoroughly enjoyed our evening & wont hesitate to return or recommend.

2  Thank MyallTeaGardens