“A gorgeous property and lovely hosts”

Elindale House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 9 Lismore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The property was a gorgeous sight on arrival after a long drive. The inside didn't disappoint with the beautiful, clean, well appointed rooms providing everything you could ask for. Disposable razors, makeup remover cotton pads, chocolate treats, port, full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner . . . the only disappointment was that we were there for only one night as we would have loved to laze in the four poster bed and relax on the porch with a cuppa or wine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kpjacobs28

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I travel to Lismore very frequently for work and I always look forward to an overnight stay at Elindale House. Liz and Simone are the most gracious hosts I've come across in my varied experience of travelling New South Wales and Queensland.
The rooms are immaculate, my colleagues and I often comment, "They have thought of everything."
I like how I can come and go as if it is my own home, through the verandah doors.......and whilst within my room, I feel like the whole place is my own!
I love everything about this place - not least the finishing touches like home-cooked breakfasts, small chocolate treats, proper towels (you know the type..the thick, fluffy towels) and the beautiful decor of the rooms.

Room Tip: You can choose a different room every time you stay, based on "colour"! I like the "...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Staying at Elindale House was a surprise for me. Someone else had booked the accommodation but I was delighted with the room and the quality of the furnishings and amenities. The breakfast was first-rate and the hosts solicitous. I'd stay again if I was in Lismore. Jeri

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Staying at Elindale is a highlight of my travel for work. Perfect breakfast, made especially to suit me. Tasteful rooms with every comfort and I have stayed in each of them over a number of visits. Prefect hosts. Perfect place.

Room Tip: All rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We last stayed at Elindale two years ago and had such a wonderful time that we booked again for a recent trip to Lismore. Not much has changed: Liz and Simone are still wonderful hosts, the house is still absolutely gorgeous, and the food is still magnificent! We stayed for 5 nights, and each morning the other guests were friendly, and there was lively conversation around the table.

Nothing is too much trouble here, and we can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are gorgeous. It doesn't matter which one you get.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This beautuiful, older style timber villa in Lismore is in magnificant condition circa 1920's, right down to the immaculate interior decorations and furnishings. It appears to have 4 rooms, and can get noisy if busy. There is one breakfast area and table. The hosts are friendly and went to some trouble to leave a key and welcoming note for us on arrival. The breakfasts were modest but delicious, but alas, no espresso coffee. Bed & Breakfast accommodation is for people who really enjoy this experience. That is, eating breakfast with well-meaning hosts and other guests who really want to know all about you, where you are from, where you are going and why. You may love talking about your life to a polite audience first thing in the morning! It may be nicer than a hotel but it was NOT cheaper and offers limited privacy or peace and quiet. It you like the B & B experience and, you'll probably love it. Alternatively, each room has a small balcony (not completely covered) with chairs & table, so the hosts may be able to serve your breakfast to your room. Also, breakfast is available until 8.30 am, which may or may not suit.

Room Tip: All roooms are noisy, especially in the mornings, but one of the two rear rooms are slightly further...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
mona40, Owner at Elindale House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

HI,

Thanks for your review. Its finally happened we got a bad review. As you said to me earlier you don,t like Bed & Breakfasts and, it was out of your control to stay in one. It was a shame with that opinion before you came, that you felt the need to tell the world and affect our ranking. Happy travels.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here on our wedding night in april. Such lovely hosts, delicious breakfast! Room was very nice and you can tell that everything is well looked after and the owners take a lot of pride in what they do. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple