“Wouldn't stay anywhere else”

Lismore Wilson Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lismore
Grafton
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I choose to stay at the Wilson every fortnight for work. I could stay anywhere in Lismore but I love the position, the comfort, the cleanliness and the personal service I receive at the motel. I have stayed in the spa room and love it. I have been staying here for several years now and have NEVER seen a cockroach, I would be out of here in a second if I did!!!
The rooms are bigger than your average motel room and the free WiFi is great.
The food and the service are top standard and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed one night with wife and small child, arrived at room late only to discover cockroaches all over the tattered carpet. My 5 year old would not let me put her down on the floor because of all the roaches, I sat her on the bed while I started wacking them with my shoe. We had the spa room, SPA! I would rather wash myself in the toilet as the spa was only good for urinating in. It was 9:30pm and none of us could get to sleep due to the football team next door having a booze up. I picked up the phone and called reception demanding to be moved out of this cockroach infested cespool. We would have been more comfortable sleeping on the street than in this run down rat ranch.We were given another room (cockroach free) and a little less noisy, and soon as it was sun up we were out of there. If staying in Lismore try the bed and breakfast down the road - we will next time!

Room Tip: Do not book the spa room - stay elsewere if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jasonh794
Nathan S, Manager at Lismore Wilson Motel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We are very disappointed to hear you had such a horrible stay with us. It is a little surprising to receive such a spiteful review when you didn't have any complaints or comments to make while you were here and seemed relatively happy.
There was a group staying who were sitting on the verandah outside their rooms, but were not a 'football team having a booze up', were quiet and in their rooms by 10, middle aged and we didn't have any complaints from our other guests staying next to them.
You did call asking if you could be moved and we happily gave you another room at the furthest end of the motel. At this time you made no mention of any problems with cockroaches, or cleanliness only that your daughter couldn't sleep because of the noise.
We haven't hadn't any complaints about our spas before and have not heard anything from any other guests about cockroaches, but we continue to work very hard to keep our rooms spotless.
Again when you came to check out you had another opportunity to mention something about the 'cockroach infested cespool' and the that the 'spa was only good for urinating in'. But you said everything was fine, now we get a horrible, vengeful and insulting review that undoes a lot of the hard work we do to maintain a good reputation and deliver a great service to our guests. We feel we dealt with any request you had in the best way we could, and if you had of raised these other concerns with us we could have done something for you but instead we get a cowardly review on the internet that we can do nothing about.
Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The street view of this motel is deceiving. It looks old but the rear of the property is quite modern and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the rooms were. The rooms are quite large with a few reclining chairs, table and chairs and a large bench. The bathroom was really big. The room has a window that can be opened and 2 chairs and table outside the front door on a shared deck. I was able to park the car in front of my room however this property is on a slant and to get to your room it required you to come up a few stairs. Bed was a little hard and I dislike bedspreads in motels as you never know how long since they have been washed and then they wrap up your nice clean pillow into the same spot the previous occupant had there used pillow. Most hotel these days have sheets either side of the doona or blanket - so much more hygienic. Other than the bedspreads this a nice motel to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Supernanny56
Ashmore, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after a work event in Lismore. Older style motel, slightly dated interior but clean and in good repair. Large rooms which were very comfortable. Quite impressed with the size of the bathrooms in particular. Our room was close to the back so there was virtually no noise. Beds were surprisingly comfortable as well. This motel delivered exactly what I expected.

Room Tip: As others have said, rooms towards the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madee_92
Gold Coast
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed for one night and the room was very spacious old style motel layout. Room contained queensize bed which was very firm but we like that. Down light above one side of the bed was not working. Wall mounted flat screen television. Tea and coffe making but only one pack of two biscuits to share. Room was quiet with no road noise. The bedroom and bathroom were thoroughly clean and water was hot in bathroom. The free wif-fi worked well. Parking spaces in front of the units lining the entrance road are narrow and the access would be helped if the drive way had an access point to the road fronatge on both sides of the complex.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We wanted to see the Lantern Parade so a night in Lismore was needed. Before I booked, I researched through Trip Adviser where to stay in Ballina. This charming motel is everything I expected and more. The manager, Nathan was very helpful and friendly. We opted for one of the spa rooms and very happy with the size and cleanliness of our room. The shower was enormous too and even had a choice of beautiful soaps. Bed was comfy and even though the motel is on a main road we didn't hear a sound. My only complaint was the noisy air con. It could really do with an upgrade as it was fairly old. Once the room was warmed we just turned it off and drifted off. Would recommend this motel to anyone wanting value, comfort & peace.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank HunterTweed
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My partner and I often travel to Lismore on business and have stayed at probably every motel in town by now (including newer motels), but this particular motel was the most exceptional by a long shot. We had a standard queen room which was very spacious and very quiet. The room was spotless and the overall appearance of the building is very charming. I had left a computer cord behind and Nathan (manager) phoned me as soon as the cleaners had found it and I was able to pick it up. The staff are friendly and couldn't have been more helpful and obliging. Lismore is lucky to have this little gem of a place to recommend. I only wish there were more of them in other regional centres!
Thanks guys!
Hayley and Alun

Room Tip: Rooms towards back are quietest!. We heard nothing!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hayley H
Nathan S, Manager at Lismore Wilson Motel, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We are so delighted to have such a happy guest! Thank you Hayley for taking the time to recommend our motel. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Lismore.