“Stay somewhere else”

El Toro Motor Inn
El Toro Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed here due to an 11 hour flight delay as we needed somewhere cheap, but still in Sydney, for a 3am check-in. Never again. The room, from the second I walked in, made me skin itch. It looked ( and felt) terribly dirty. Outside our window there were people drag racing all night long. My children went to swim in the pool but it was dirty and filled with leaves. We would have been just as comfortable has we slept in the airport lounge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank maebrazil

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We should of read the reveiws. My husband and I travel alot and have come across our fair share of dodge motel/hotels but El Toro takes the cake. The room was terrible stained sheets and carpet. The bathroom was filthy stained bathtub broken fittings.We did not feel safe in our room as the window did not lock in the main sleeping area or the bathroom. The grounds were littered with rubbish just ferral.... AVOID AVOID

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Tracpat
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here the end of June 2013 and were really disappointed in the Condition of the rooms, not to mention the dodgy area being attached to a pub and factory industrial area . Smelly smoke filled rooms, stained carpets, dirty bathrooms, stained bed linen, Electrical Switches that are damaged, the council should be doing more to inspect this place, can't believe that it hasn't been shut down. Staff were friendly but really should take more responsibility for the condition of the rooms and make sure that the cleaners actually do their job. They should not rent the rooms out if they are not clean. Overall we didn't feel safe at all while staying here, woke up at every sound and expected to wake up in the morning to our car being stolen.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Brendan N Darle... W
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We stay here frequently when we travel to Sydney. I am amazed at the reviews I have read. Sure it is old with old furnishings but my room was clean. The location is great to walking distance to Liverpool shops.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kellyanne19741
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This motor inn is an absolute disgrace. The room was dirty, i walked around inside with shoes on because i was too scared to take them off. Old, dirty and disgusting is how i would describe my experience.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Casey W
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Booked a 2 bedroom renovated room. Paid extra for refurbished room ( I would hate to see non renovated rooms) Rooms were old and extremley dusty.The dust on the coffee table was an inch thick.Bathroom was dirty with hair all over the floor.There was no lamp on bedside table in master bedroom. Okay i guess for an over night stay, but cleaners need to be more thorough cleaning rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travelbugz086
Reviewed 30 January 2013

When booking the room I was asked if I wanted the "recently refurbished" room for $99 which I accepted for my sister and I. Whilst unpacking I noticed the mirrored wardrobe and also the mirror above the chest of draws dusty, covered in fingerprints etc. The lights above ladened with dust and cobwebs, one working, one not. A dead cockroach lay between the two bedside tables. I entered the bathroom to find numerous long hairs on the bathroom floor, wall tiles, back of door, and also soap remnants in the shower cubicle soap holder. The icing on the cake was when I opened up the day curtain to find a massive cobweb with resident spider living on the upper pane of the filthy window which was also covered in a black mould. I spoke to the receptionist who apologised and who advised me to bring my findings to the staff the following morning, to which I did. The head of housekeeping accompanied me back to the room and when entering she proceeded to ask if we had just showered. I knew where she was heading and I cut her off. I replied that we had just showered, but stating that both my sister and I have short hair. She inspected the bathroom and then the bedroom section with myself pointing out all of what I had reported the night before. Nothing in the way of apology was given. I can only say that do not go by the pictures on the web site for you will be very disappointed. The room we had (No.5) was not serviced prior to our arrival and it is in my opinion a very unhealthy environment to sleep in. Recently refurbished...........I do not think so!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank faraway_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Holiday Inn Warwick Farm
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville
Rydges Bankstown
Rydges Bankstown
#2 of 2 in Bass Hill

Been to El Toro Motor Inn? Share your experiences!