“Disappointing menu changes”

Gemelle Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Liverpool
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gemelle has grown over the years to become one of South West Sydney's premier dining establishments.The restaurant now boasts a dining room which comfortably seats up to 180 guests, as well as a function room large enough for a further 180 seated guests.With modern décor and a relaxed ambience faultlessly complementing the excellent food, Gemelle is ideal for any occasion, be it an intimate date, a memorable night out with friends, or an unforgettable special celebration!
Sydney
“Disappointing menu changes”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had been to Gemelle's quite a bit in the past so my family and I were looking forward to another visit and had gone onto their website to look at the menu. When we were seated we were told that the menu had now changed the day before. It changed so much that none of my favourites were on there and they have become super a la carte and so have the prices! There were 5 adults and only 1 liked her meal. The rest of us were very disappointed. Service was ok but towards the end of the night they were not very attentive and we had to call them over ourselves a few times. Meals had no flavour and certainly not worth the price paid!....we will not be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pdhgirl

sydney
“Terrific Italian”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

First visit to this immaculate restaurant with 1st class decor ! Tables well spaced allowing in a quiet enviroment ideal for business lunches or special occasions. Quality fresh food served promptly with a smile !! Seafood was a highlight particularly the beautifully prepared Monkfish.

Good selections of wines and spirits reasonably priced given the class of the restaurant and easy parking at the rear.

Difficult to imagine anywhere better in Liverpool, i'll be back.

• Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious, Amazing, 100/100, Perfect Score”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited this restaurant for a friends birthday. There was 7 of us there. The waiter was very friendly and funny. Something I have not seen before was this waiter was showing us the specials on a Ipad. To test the chef we actually asked for some items from the Ipad.... Man oh Man, besides being absolutely delicious, they were exactly like the picture.

Service - Well, without a doubt a perfect score. Since we entered, the perfect service started. from opening the door for all of the boys to get in to pouring the wine every time our glass was nearing empty. Not many restaurant waiters know that it is always respectful to put the cork of the wine bottle on a plate of the person who tested the first glass.

Food - A few of the boys wanted to order constant entrée as the food was that perfect. Bruschetta has never tasted that perfect. We ordered a Bruschetta Pizza and Margarita pizza and olives for entrée. It was very very nice. For mains there was 7 boys who we all had different meals. There was not one person who disliked their food. We've all had Italian before but this was something different. The food were spot on!!!! This restaurant is a absolute must try.
The Desert oh man what desert it was. I had the chocolate pudding or as the waiter called it, Chocolate Volcano. That was amazing and I don't even eat desert. One recommendation I would make to the restaurant, is put an extra scoop of ice cream with this desert.

Atmosphere - This restaurant is great for catch up with friends who will not get to loud. It's quite a formal restaurant where families visit. This restaurant is also terrific for romantic lunches.

Value - Well I will pay the extra $$ any days just to eat here. It definitely is worth the visit.

Overall you will not regret a visit to this restaurant. You are guaranteed a parking because it has it's own private secure parking and plenty of it. The food is amazing, the service is perfect and the atmosphere is perfect. THIS IS A MUST VISIT!!!!

This definitely will be one of my favourite Italian restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trusted_Review3r
“you won't be diappointed”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

great all round experience from efficient well illustrated service to memorable food that you will thankful you ordered.we went as large family group and we all enjoyed our meals.

• Visited April 2014
“Horrible Experience!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I attended this restaurant on a monday night for some delicious italian dinner. Unfortuanetly, what we recieved was overpriced food and poor quality.

I ordered a pumpkin and haloumi salad and asked them to kindly add grilled chicken to my meal, when they bought the dish out, i was surprised to see two pieces of grilled chicken on a second plate but i had no issues cutting it up myself and putting it in my salad. The food was oily and tastless, but the worst part came when they bought out the bill and i had been charged $15 for my salad and $27 for my chicken!!! I could not believe this! I called over the manager and kindly asked him to remove this charge and make the cost of TWO PIECES OF GRILLED CHICKEN (as an extra to the salad) a reasonable price.

He was rude, arrogant and argued with me for 10 MINUTES! he kept saying: "the chef said to do it" and "theres no other button on the machine" and "That i will need to pay for it" When i told him for the 10th time that i will not be paying an extra $30 for grilled chicken in my salad he stomped off and surprise, surprise found a button which charged me an appropriate $4 for the chicken.

I cannot believe the rudeness of the manager and my friend an I will NEVER return!
I will NOT recommend this place for anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxed night and good food.

• Visited May 2014