“Relaxing townhouse in a beautiful bush setting”

Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Australia
“Relaxing townhouse in a beautiful bush setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were escaping a mouse infested room at the Willow Motel in Goulburn when we discovered this sanctuary. It has views of a creek and the lovely bush from the lounge and the bedroom. There are two balconies overlooking the creek and trees. There is a small outdoor area with tables and chairs. The kitchen has just about everything one would need to make a slap up meal with a 4 burner hot plate, an oven, microwave, dishwasher and a full sized frig. There's a table and chairs in the kitchen and a separate dining area. Bed was good. Sheets clean and comfortable. NO HAIRDRYER. bring your own. A little smell of damp in bathroom but it had been raining for two weeks. Undercover parking. I give it 4.5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear N N,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde and for providing your feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Medina and that you appreciate the size and facilities available – you wouldn’t think we are Sydney from the lush bushland that the property backs onto AND the peace and quiet!
I am surprised to read that you didn’t have a hairdryer in your bathroom, as they are fitted in all our apartments – so when you do stay with us again and you do find something missing in the apartment, please feel free to contact our friendly reception team to assist with your enquiry.
N N, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Serviced Apartment North Ryde.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We traveled with a group of 5 and were pleasantly surprised by the apartment and the price. Two seperate bedrooms, sofa couch, dvd player and Internet. Highly recommend this place for traveling business people.

• Stayed June 2013
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear geekmumma,

Thank for you choosing Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde for your recent stay, and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback through the Trip Advisor website, as our guest satisfaction is our priority.

As you mentioned, our large apartments are well equipped for those who are traveling for business, or even families that require that extra space that a normal hotel room is unable to offer.

Geekmumma, thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Serviced Apartments when you next require accommodation in Macquarie Park and North Ryde.

Warmest Regards,
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised having read the comments in some of the previous reviews.

The kitchen was well equipped and very clean and the hob and oven looked fairly new. The bathroom was ok but could have been cleaner, There was black round the tap on the wash basin and there was also some mould in the shower. The bedroom was spacious with plenty of storage space & the beds were comfortable. The rest of the apartment was clean and it was serviced daily. Some of the paintwork was chipped and could do with a new coat of paint.

We would certainly stay again, the staff we dealt with were all very pleasant and helpful. It was convenient for us visiting our family and was reasonable value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Underbarrovians
TMQRMGR, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Underbarrovians,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina and for leaving your comments.
I am pleased to read that you found the apartments very comfortable and just what you needed for your stay – with plenty of space!!
Thank you for also informing us about the issues relating to housekeeping, I will raise these issues with the appropriate team members to ensure that they are an area for focus moving forward.
Underbarrovain, thank you again for your comments as we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting the family in the area.

Warm regards,
Melbourne, Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nothing amazing about the Medina Apartments, they are out of the way a little, no restaurant, reception arent overly helpful, the whole place has a musky damp rainforest type feel, but then thats the area, a basic, good value 2 bed apartment. I stayed with colleagues, prob my 5th visit and everything always runs smoothly.
The apartments really need a facelift though, bathrooms / kitchems etc are old, a little dirty and the air con has a mind of its own. I wouldnt want to stay for too long, especially with a family, but for its purpose its good value and really there isnt any other choice near Nth ryde!! A short walk to the Mediterranean restaurant and also Basils.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Watto77,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable comments.

I am pleased to read that during each of your stay, everything runs smoothly certainly comforting knowing there is consistency, and that we are offering value for money.
I am however surprised by your comments relating to the kitchens, as only last year all the apartments underwent a refurbishment where a lot of work was done on the kitchens, including all new appliances, but in regards to the bathroom we are looking at options to improve the aesthetics and comfort.
Watto77, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina.

Best regards,
Greenethorpe, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the Medina Apartment on Tuesday 7th May. Check in was simple and although the receptionist didn't know the carpark height she was friendly and efficient.

The rooms suited the group of four with the only disappointment for the Tv addict in the group was that the remote control in the lounge room didn't work.

The apartments are in a great position with our being noisy.

We liked it so much we have just rebooked for this weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gounch
Dear Gounch,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Service Apartments North Ryde, and for leaving your comments.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the position and the size of the apartments so much that you had rebooked!

Gouch, we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, and for your future reference the car park height is 1.98 metres.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Great location but housekeeping was really bad we stay for nearly 3 weeks and if I had not taken sheets off bed they would have not change and when I did they left pillow cases on Day 5 MANAGER and head of cleaning staff went around every room and ask how things where and told him that our place had not been vaccum since we have been here and bathroon really needed a good clean said he would make sure the next day it would be done wanted never happened and never had sheets done again I ended up washing them company have put as there a few times and would never stay there again We had 4 managers from uk were to be booked in there but finding other accomadation the only person who was helpful was the handyman

Room Tip: find somewhereeles to stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pams17182
TMQRMGR, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Pams17182,

Thank you for staying with us at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde and for leaving your comments.
I am pleased to hear that my handyman was helpful during your stay. In order to ensure that our guests are experiencing a comfortable stay, feedbacks and suggestions are always welcomed especially when the guest is in-house. This assists us in rectifying any discrepancy in service without minimal delay. I am sorry that at this occasion the housekeeping issue continued to persist though you passed your views to the respective heads. I will share your feedback with the team.
Pams17182, thank you again for your feedback regarding the recent stay, and we would love to welcome your colleagues whilst their visit to Macquarie Park/North Ryde area with the anticipation of providing them with an improved service based upon your feedback.
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed more than a week there for our family trip. The place is a bit old and need refurbish but I can stand with that in view of the price and location, which is close to my friends and family.

The worse part is the housekeeping. They change bed sheets and vacuum once a week (after prompting at the reception). We have babies and those who have will know what the room smells like after 2 nights if the bin hasn't been emptied. They tell us that they will change those towels if they are put in the tub, but that didn't happen. So I stack it inside the house next to the main door. But the cleaner still manage to ignore it and the bin. So in the end I have to go to reception to ask the mask face lady and also told her that we run out of toilet paper.

I specifically asked whether they have wifi and the customer service in the email said yes and I just need to pay at the reception. But turn out they only have a cable line and when I said I don't have a computer because I was expecting wifi she replied," Then there is no point telling you the price of the Internet service then!" I see that I have wasted her precious time.

When we left they told us we had taken something from the minibar which I am quite sure we did not since we bought our drinks from the supermarket but how can I argue that I haven't use something that they claim isn't there? End up paying for it. It's not the about the money but the attitude and poor management that gave the bad impression.
Wouldn't come here again if I can find a better place next time.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Pen401
TMQRMGR, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Pen401,

I am sorry to hear that the team failed to deliver a satisfactory service for your stay. I am also surprise to hear that the bins were not emptied in our apartment as this is a part of the daily housekeeping service. I will share your feedback with my respective department heads to investigate into these inconsistencies and eliminate them from occurring for future guests.

Pen401, thank you again for your feedback regarding the recent stay as it will definitely assist us in improving the service to our guests. I would also like to welcome you again for your next visit in the area as the property is conveniently located to match your requirements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Central Business District
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#97 of 174 in Sydney
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,591 reviews
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde? Share your experiences!