“Great Location - quiet”

Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As we needed to attend University Hospital for a few days the location was perfect, only 2 mins away, lovely & quiet also.
Staff very helpful & obliging with any requests, felt the price was very reasonable also - got a great deal !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arthur R, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Kevin RA

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Serviced Apartment North Ryde; it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Great to hear that the team looked after you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying here because we are relocating to Sydney and our office put us up while we looked for a place of our own. We stayed a little over a week. The apartment had not aired for what must have been a long time as the air was dusty and stale. I have asthma so the room may me sneeze, cough and have itchy eyes the whole time we were there. The room service was not very good. Our bed was not dressed when they serviced the room, the blankets were merely pulled up and left in a mess. They did have a good service where you can use free DVDs they have in reception and the staff we're smiling and nice. That was not enough to make me stay there again or to recommend the hotel to people I like.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank katieh861

Dear Katie H

I do apologise for the housekeeping issues you experienced during you stay with us. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure his team is airing apartments out prior to arrival especially the apartments which have been vacant for a couple of days prior. I am disappointed by the lack of room service provided to you on your subsequent days especially the bed making, I can assure you this is an isolated incident which has been dealt with.

I was encouraged by the manner in which the Reception team stood out to you and we do hope this will encourage you to use or recommend us in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great place to stay, the deal we snagged on Trivago was a great rate for a two storey apartment. I've paid more to stay in a shoebox! Plus king bed is a nice touch! Very comfy. Oh, great ducted heating

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jason L

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and it is great to read you enjoyed the spacious apartments we have.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The heating didn't work the first night so we changed apartments then the hot water ran out after only two short showers in the second apartment. I would consider warmth and hot water basic facilities so therefore our stay was not value for money.

Dear Fiona H

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the technical issues you experienced. If you wouldn’t mind, can you email me via arojas@medina.com.au your details as I would like to ensure the apartment you occupied has been fixed by our contractors?

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with an infant and a 4 year old. Very happy with the large living area and bedrooms. The place was clean but a little dated, however that did not affect our stay. Apartment was cleaned daily and the staff were friendly and professional. Very close to the shopping centre and there is a bus stop right outside the property to take you to the City or local shopping centre.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arthur R, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Cristina

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde. It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed our location and the space in our apartments. Once the Macquarie Shopping centre’s refurbishment is complete, there will be a lot more shopping available in the area!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Customer service is good. Rooms are old, a/c didn't work well, infact the downstairs living room a/c didn't work at all. Upstairs a/c couldn't regulate so one room very hot and the other cold at a setting of 20degrees. Shower screen didn't close, toilet roll holder broken... Not sure I would recommend this place to anyone

Dear V.R

Thank you for your review and taking the time to speak to me on the phone on Tuesday. As discussed we have contacted our Air-Conditioning contractor to determine the reason for the issue you and your family experienced. Our Maintenance team have also repaired the loose toilet roll holder and shower screen as reported to you.

While the team did what they can to correct the air-conditioning issues, mechanical issues as such require the expertise from the contractors and with the recent public holiday we did have to wait until Tuesday. To combat this, my Receptionist did offer you a change of apartment which you declined. Rest assured the comfort of all our Guests is paramount, while we understand changing rooms mid-stay would have disrupted your stay, I believe the change room would have made the remainder of your family’s stay more relaxing.

I do hope to see you stay with us again very soon and experience the level of service and comfort we aim to achieve.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The price was very good considering it's Sydney, however the apartment I was in was in a pretty bad state.
The curtains were disgusting and had a huge stain on it, there were stains all over the walls, the blankets had hair all over them, essentially the downstairs area was not clean properly.
The location was quite good, it was only a 20 minute drive to the CBD area.
However I don't think I would ever stay with Medina apartments again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Medina North Ryde. It is certainly disheartening to read that the cleaning aspect of your apartment was not to your satisfaction. Would you mind emailing me via arojas@tarvelodge.com.au so I can establish some more information from you (Name, date off stay, apartment number) so I can fully investigate this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde

Been to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde? Share your experiences!