“Good apartment stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
syd
“Good apartment stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A bit of wear and tear due to the age of the apartments, but nothing management can't do to improve these little things that would make a difference to the stay experience.

Let start with the good stuff! Location is good, the street is quiet busy now compared to how it was many years ago. I blame this on city planning! Too many people around in the area now.
The staff are absolutely delightful. Friendly, helpful and professional. I would stay here again because of the delightful staff!

Now for the things that could do with improvements to make this a great place to stay.
Wifi! Please someone invest in Wifi or at least a longer internet cable that only extend as far as the armchair.
The charges are on the high side, but It's ok to pay if you know you are getting good internet access and speed.
Windows need good cleaning. The window in the upstairs hallway is covered in cobwebs because it hasn't been opened for years but it still need some cleaning! The nook and crannies around the sliding doors could also do with a good wipe and vacuum.
Taps need replacement in both bathroom and kitchen to avoid dripping water.
Replace old kitchen utensils which are getting old.

Overall, a good serviced apartment and I would stay here again with no hesitations. Thumbs up for the staff especially Holly!

1 Thank stugs123
Arthur R, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Stugs123

Thank you for your thoughtful words and I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team. We are currently in the process of replacing some of the older kitchen utensils and I will be speaking to our Housekeeping and Maintenance department in regards to the cob webs especially near the windows. No matter how long the last time the windows were open, we should ensure a certain level of cleanliness in all our apartments.

I will be speaking to our Internet provider in regards to WI-FI in our apartments. While we currently do not have Wi-Fi, I will look into our options in regards to this matter.

I am delighted that Holly stood out for you. Holly joined the team not long ago and I know she will be ecstatic to have her name mentioned on Trip Advisor. It is a credit to her and the work she has been putting in at Medina.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Ryde, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It is 300kbps and one cable, so cannot even connect 2 PCs. No WiFi and not possible to put it. Calling it HIGH SPEED internet is cheating the customers. And for quite a dire price: 22AUD per night per each PC connected!!!

Dear Marcin B

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I have forwarded your thoughts to our Internet provider to determine what the issue were during your stay with us.

Can I ask you to email me via arojas@travelodge.com.au so I can investigate please? I will need certain information like your full name, dates of stay and the room you were allocated. Did you contact Reception or the afterhours Internet support line to investigate this issue for you?

Macquarie
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great location. Nice large apartment. Very comfortable.

Good secure parking.

The only negative was that tea and coffee were not provided.

Good value for money. I booked through Booking.com.

Easy access.

Dear Kerry R

Thank you for taking the time to review you most recent stay at the Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde. I do apologise for the lack of tea and coffee in your room, rest assured these should have been in the kitchen at the time of your check in and replenished daily. I will speak to our Housekeeping team to ensure this does not occur again.

Merimbula
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As we needed to attend University Hospital for a few days the location was perfect, only 2 mins away, lovely & quiet also.
Staff very helpful & obliging with any requests, felt the price was very reasonable also - got a great deal !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Arthur R, General Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Kevin RA

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Serviced Apartment North Ryde; it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Great to hear that the team looked after you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were staying here because we are relocating to Sydney and our office put us up while we looked for a place of our own. We stayed a little over a week. The apartment had not aired for what must have been a long time as the air was dusty and stale. I have asthma so the room may me sneeze, cough and have itchy eyes the whole time we were there. The room service was not very good. Our bed was not dressed when they serviced the room, the blankets were merely pulled up and left in a mess. They did have a good service where you can use free DVDs they have in reception and the staff we're smiling and nice. That was not enough to make me stay there again or to recommend the hotel to people I like.

1 Thank katieh861
Dear Katie H

I do apologise for the housekeeping issues you experienced during you stay with us. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure his team is airing apartments out prior to arrival especially the apartments which have been vacant for a couple of days prior. I am disappointed by the lack of room service provided to you on your subsequent days especially the bed making, I can assure you this is an isolated incident which has been dealt with.

I was encouraged by the manner in which the Reception team stood out to you and we do hope this will encourage you to use or recommend us in the future.

Wallsend
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great place to stay, the deal we snagged on Trivago was a great rate for a two storey apartment. I've paid more to stay in a shoebox! Plus king bed is a nice touch! Very comfy. Oh, great ducted heating

Dear Jason L

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and it is great to read you enjoyed the spacious apartments we have.

Hay
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The heating didn't work the first night so we changed apartments then the hot water ran out after only two short showers in the second apartment. I would consider warmth and hot water basic facilities so therefore our stay was not value for money.

Dear Fiona H

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the technical issues you experienced. If you wouldn’t mind, can you email me via arojas@medina.com.au your details as I would like to ensure the apartment you occupied has been fixed by our contractors?

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Central Business District
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Travelodge Hotel Sydney
#97 of 175 in Sydney
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,691 reviews
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde? Share your experiences!