“Spectacular”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Melbourne, Australia
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Quest North Ryde from the 10-16th of July 2013. We were greeted upon very friendly staff who were more than happy to help us with any enquiries we had. Our room was clean, tidy and we had a wonderful view of the city. Having a kitchenette was really handy as it allowed us to also cook our own meals. The location is just a 20 minute train ride to the city to which it is just a small walk to the station. We would strongly recommend staying at the Quest North Ryde as we plan to come back in the future.

Room Tip: Room 626 has great city views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are very pleased to learn that your accommodation was "spectacular", and we look forward to continuing this trend on your future stays.

Kindest Regards,

Business Development Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Was very hesitant booking a night at this hotel as had a relatively average experience at another Quest outlet some time ago. However reading the positive reviews id thought id take the plunge as I had some social commitments reasonably near the region.

Checking in and checking out was quick and flawless. The ladies behind the desk were very professional and charming. I was in a studio room at the back of the hotel (had requested and got bushland views). Room and bathroom was clean and spacious for a studio. The air con worked perfectly and wasn't annoying with noise. Bed was great, had a really good sleep. My only criticism of the room is the desk is a little small than what id like or what im used to in a hotel room that has a desk. Maybe a small table could be utilised in the room as well as there is enough space? Other than that it exceeded my expectations.

Parking was $15 undercover, and you can come and go as much as you like using the security key provided at check-in. Didn't get to try the Atlantis restaurant or the other nearby food options, but will do next time around

Overall highly recommended to stay at this hotel, particularly if you have a vehicle. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Travelman2500,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

The team are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and provided you with "Brilliant" accommodation. We also thank you for your suggestions with regards to a larger internet desk, which we shall review upon have a discussion with regards to decor and furniture at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend trip to Sydney. We like Quest properties because they have a kitchenette which makes managing food allergies a lot easier. This Quest is better than the others of the chain in which we have stayed. It is conveniently located near both railway and motorway. Everything was very good and we have no criticisms of the place. It was good value for money and we would stay here again if looking for a place to stay in the North Ryde region.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Brumbiesfan,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Quest North Ryde a number of times - and as previous reviewers have stated, it is handy for the corporate business parks in the area. Independent transport is handy (there is not a lot of facilities close) but the hotel does offer a shuttle service to the surrounding area. The hotel is good value for money - but 3 star, in my opinion. I dined at the adjoining Atlantis restaurant - which had quality food (not inexpensive though). There is an Italian place next door which offers an alternative.

The room I was given this trip was small. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep on both nights. The service staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear davide61,

Thank you for your recent post with regards to your stay at Quest North Ryde.

Quest North Ryde are pleased to learn that we have met your expectations and have provided a good standard of accommodation, services and facilities.
Quest North Ryde are have been rated a AAA 4 1/2 Star Serviced Apartment Hotel, and we hope to provide you service of this standard on your future stay.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed at the Quest in North Ryde on Sunday and Monday night (28th&29th April) as I had been booked to attend a training course for work in the adjacent Corporate Park. The Quest is the company's hotel of choice. My colleague and I enjoyed the friendly hospitality and comfort this hotel offered - as was promised in the advertising and website - to quote them 'We take great pride in offering you a personalised service, quality accommodation and making sure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay'..and we were not disappointed. I would have to agree with the other reviews on this hotel the restaurant is a little pricey - but the quality of food was superb (and the servings were generous). There are other options ;being an italian restaurant next door and I was told there was an RSL club nearby as well.. The Quest North Ryde is probably a better choice for corporate stays however if you want a comfortable and enjoyable stay out of the hustle and bustle of the big city (and it's 4.5 million people) then by all means book here.

Room Tip: I had a front room and the traffic could be heard when I had my balcony door open. I am told the ba...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear butteflycarole,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and the accommodation, services and facilities met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Gold Coast
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here over a weekend for leisure. I have stayed at this hotel before on business and have also stayed at the Travelodge in Ryde. In my opinion The Quest far exceeds the competition which is why I chose to return. The downside for travellers is The Quest charge considerably higher rates over weekdays - be prepared to pay at least $100 more per night as they attract the business clientelle. But if your like me and arrived on a weekend, then rates are very affordable, and the Hotel is almost empty which makes for a quiet and enjoyable stay!

The hotel is close to the nearby train station which will get you into the City in 20mins. I like that the Hotel offers a small amount of 'resort facilities' like free bike hire, bbq, hot tub, nice outdoor areas etc etc. Service was great, Penny (?) on the front desk went out of her way to answer questions and to assist with a mix up over our complimentary breakfast which she fixed right away. The rooms are large and the bed is amazing.

There were two downsides to our stay which barely rate a mention but I always do anyway. Bathroom walls were in much need of a wipe down. $15 per night car parking charge. I can understand paying to park in City hotels but not in the 'suburbs' particularly when surrounding hotels dont charge to park. These things are minor though and didn't infulence our stay.

Would I be back? Quest North Ryde will be the first place I call again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are grateful that you had a pleasant stay and our Team and accommodation left you with a positive experience.
Indeed, Quest North Ryde is located in the midst of a business park, and a 500m walk to the North Ryde train station, also reported favourable by our guests.
Tariffs of accommodation may fluctuate subject to availability, particularly on weekdays. At Quest North Ryde we are committed to providing not only value for accommodation, but a value in experience for all who choose to stay.

In response to your concerns regarding the car parking fees, please be advised that Quest North Ryde implemented this charge so as to ensure the availability of car parking is maximized exclusively for our guests in a secure, undercover facility.
Regarding your comments about the cleanliness of your apartment, please note that we have alerted the Housekeeping Executive and Supervisors to your feedback. We thank you for bringing this to our awareness, and have reiterated the importance of attention to detail and focus to the overall cleanliness of all apartments.

We are pleased that these minor instances did not have a large influence on your stay.

Without such reviews, it would be near impossible to have the opportunity to continue to improve our accommodation, services and facilities and meet the expectations of all of our guests.

Thank you again for your invaluable feedback and look forward to assisting you with your future reservations.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have stayed here many times for work but over the last few stays I had noticed the overall quality declining. This stay was by far the worst. The room was like a dungeon, shower leaks all over the bathroom floor, terrible bed and pillows that were as flat as pancakes (even with two). On one day they "forgot" to clean the room. Restaurant has increased in price and reduced quality. For a Seafood Restaurant the food was very average. But the biggest rip off is a Continential breakfast. At $22.50 for a piece of toast and cup of coffee you have got to be kidding! On th either hand the pizza restaurant next door is very good.
I have stayed in much better and cheaper motels in country Victoria for half the price with better quality food.
I won't be back, I have had enough. Don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Naravaboy
QNR_2113, Owner at Quest North Ryde, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Naravaboy,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

Allow me to express my most sincere regret that we failed to meet your expectations and our own standards of service you were presented with during your stay. I wish to assure you that your experiences are not reflective of the standards that Quest North Ryde strives to achieve.

We are committed to providing a positive experience for all of our guests and have therefore instituted the following; Firstly a review of our housekeeping and maintenance pre-arrival check process. Secondly, all staff responsible for the servicing, preparation and functionality of all of our apartments shall be retrained and counselled on their actions so as to improve the conditions and service provided for all of our guests.

In response to your concerns regarding charges associated with the Atlantis Restaurant, please note that the restaurant is owned and operated by a separate proprietor. Please be assured that we have alerted management to your feedback.

We are pleased to learn that Fourno Café did meet your expectations, and would recommend this establishment for a ‘cup of coffee’ from 0830 onwards Monday – Friday.

Alternatively, Quest North Ryde also offers complimentary tea and coffee making facilities available in all of our apartments.

I would like to take this time to thank you again for the opportunity to address your concerns. With such feedback, you have allowed us to continue to work towards improving our accommodation, services and facilities.

In recognition of the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced on your recent stay we would like to extend to you an invitation to return as our guest so we may demonstrate to you that we are committed to addressing your concerns so as to meeting your expectations.

To avail yourself of this offer please contact me - Andrew Edsor – General Manager, directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Meriton Suites Chatswood

Been to Quest North Ryde? Share your experiences!