“Parking is a total pain”
Review of Quest North Ryde

Quest North Ryde
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel advertises that parking is available, and is happy to add $15 a night to your bill to pay for it, but as we found out when we got home after our evening out apparently that doesn't actually mean there will be parking available for you anywhere near the hotel. And as there is no street parking i was doing laps for 15 minutes trying to find somewhere to park. Hotel is located in the middle of an office park. Nearest parking is next to the cemetery about a block away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shaunanthony
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear shaunanthony,

Thank you for your post regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are appreciative of you providing such feedback we we may work towards making the facility of car parking better for the future.

In light of your comments and feedback, we are currently working on a process to further guarantee that our guest's will have exclusive access to the car park. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

Thank you again for your invaluable feedback, and we hope to welcome you to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here last week and like one of the other reviews on here my room was miles from anywhere and the door in was tucked behind a second door. Took ages to get to the lift. There was a group of us staying for work and we were spread all over the hotel with some in balcony rooms and no one could believe where my room was and how different it was to everyone elses.
The room was ok but when you first walked in it smelt like sewerage and either I got used to it or it dissipated as I moved around the room - this could explain why the second room key was in the room and the air turned on when I walked in - not sure if they always do this though.
Didnt have anything to do with any staff other than check in - but an amusing thing was when I was checking in they asked if I had a car and I did so they told me it was $15 per night so ok its Sydney. However I had to ask how to access the parking as the information wasnt told to me voluntarily by the staff member.
The onsite restaurants are expensive. Breakfast is appalling for the price but this is not run by the hotel. No excuse really - breakfast was an ultimate rip off. Dinners were ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Allymal

Dear Allymal,

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are genuinely appreciative of your feedback, as this will allow us to continuously strive to meet our guest's standards, and that of our own.

With regards to your concerns regarding the distance from the lift to your apartment, we are more than happy to allocate your apartment to a room closer to the lift/s. We regret that we could not assist you with a solution throughout your stay, however recommend requesting this when you next choose to stay with Quest North Ryde.

Please also be assured that our maintenance department have been alerted to your concerns, and will monitor and attend to such 'smells', should they occur, when servicing all rooms throughout the Hotel.

Our front office team have also been reminded of the importance of explaining such use of all facilities at the Hotel, and we hope this will not be a occurrence during your future stay.

As you mentioned, the onsite restaurant is owned and operated by a separate proprietor, however we have advised the management team of your disappointment for review.
We are pleased that you did enjoy your dinner, and also recommend our pantry shopping service for your future stays. One of our staff will purchase your chosen items and groceries and place these in your room for your arrival.

We would like to thank you again for your invaluable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in the quest, while it's not in the most central location it's a good option for those working / visiting the business park on the other side of Dehli road. The rooms are newish and the staff are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
QNR_2113, Director of Sales at Quest North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Kierand80,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback.

We are pleased to learn that we met your expectations, and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I seemed to have a different experience than most of the other reviewers at this one.

I stayed here in January 2013 on the day of the major heatwave in Sydney when temperatures got up to 46 C (115 F) as my apartment gets extremely hot and I opted to splurge on some aircon for myself. I booked a studio room online and went over to the hotel after picking up a few belongings from home. When I walked up to the front desk the woman said "You look tired!". I'm thinking "What?? why is she saying this ? Of course I look tired it's 46 !@#$ degrees outside I'm practically roasted". Anyway she proceeds to give me the room key and let me know just to swipe my room card at the parking garage if I need parking. I asked "So there's no charge for parking ?" , then she said "well if you swipe your card you will get charged $14". Why she didn't bother to let me know about the charge when she gave me instructions ?? In any case there was plenty of parking in front of the place right outside my room, so I just parked for free.

The room itself is comfortable with good bed, but extremely cramped. There is barely room for one person so sit in a chair, and the desk is much to close to the bed to use comfortably. The "kitchenette" was just a sink with small fridge. The bathroom didn't even have a bathtub. Also the front door was somewhat damaged on the outside.

I think there is much more value for money at the Meriton apartments throughout Sydney, I have stayed at 2 Quest and they both seem very "plastic" and non-homey. Also I don't get this concept in Australia of serviced apartments where there are people living there long term - it's somewhat offputting to smell residents cooking odors , screaming children, etc when walking the hallways, and I can't see these being viable long term investment units except maybe as a retirement units one day.

To top it off when I checked out I asked to have points added to my frequent flyer account. The woman at checkout said in a non-friendly way: "this rate is too low to get frequent flyer points". Gee, where do these people get their customer service skills ?? I would recommend to say something like "I'm sorry but you would have needed to book a one bedroom apartment to qualify for points, I'm sorry that our website did not inform you of this when you booked the room".

It's unfortunate that way out in the suburbs of North Ryde the Quest studio rooms were created so small to be barely useable whereas the studios at the Meriton Kent Street in the middle of Sydney have more than ample space for the same price. Also front desk people need a brush up on their people skills.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear mg35,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are disappointed to learn that our accommodation, services and facilities did not leave you with a satisfactory impression of our Hotel.

We are also disappointed that we were not able to address these comments during your stay in January.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest North Ryde, so you may experience the true Quest guest experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in total of 20 days in this service apartment. We did not have a high expectation on service since we understand this is basically self contained apartment with housekeeping included. I am sorely disappointed that for long term stay guest such as ourselves, had to pay for parking in the underground garage. Even after we understood that it is additional payment, we could not access to the car park as staff did not grant automatic access on our cards. Position of the key card access to the garage is in such an odd position that the car rim need to be touching the curb, otherwise we can't reach the key access from inside the car. Then I had decided to prepay for my apartment which was not reflected on the master bill. This had caused unnecessary stress for us upon check out, as i had done the prepayment thinking to minimise the check out process. We were delayed and was embarrassed in the process as the staff was accusing us of leaving without paying. Quest needs to revamp the billing of apartment, especially for long stayers. I would not recommend this apartment for long term stayers.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AngelaTeh

Dear AngelaTeh,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experiences at Quest North Ryde.

Quest North Ryde is always appreciative of feedback we do receive so we may continuously work towards meeting and exceeding all of our guest’s expectations, and we are disappointed to learn that we could not meet your expectations on your previous stay.

Firstly, please allow me to express my sincere apologies with regards to the service you received upon departing Quest North Ryde. Regrettably confirmation of pre-payment was not communicated to your partner, and this was clearly exasperated by the staff on shift. Secondly, Quest North Ryde will review the procedures we currently have in place with regards to pre-payment of accounts prior to guest arrival.

Please note that the staff members concerned will be counselled and provided with additional training so as to ensure this is not a reoccurrence for yourself, or any of our future guests.

I can assure you that this experience is not reflective of the service we wish to provide for any of our guests, and have clearly failed your standards, and that of our own.

Quest North Ryde are committed to providing a positive experience for our guests, and providing substantial facilities exclusively - hence the cost of car parking.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Quest North Ryde from the 10-16th of July 2013. We were greeted upon very friendly staff who were more than happy to help us with any enquiries we had. Our room was clean, tidy and we had a wonderful view of the city. Having a kitchenette was really handy as it allowed us to also cook our own meals. The location is just a 20 minute train ride to the city to which it is just a small walk to the station. We would strongly recommend staying at the Quest North Ryde as we plan to come back in the future.

Room Tip: Room 626 has great city views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

We are very pleased to learn that your accommodation was "spectacular", and we look forward to continuing this trend on your future stays.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Was very hesitant booking a night at this hotel as had a relatively average experience at another Quest outlet some time ago. However reading the positive reviews id thought id take the plunge as I had some social commitments reasonably near the region.

Checking in and checking out was quick and flawless. The ladies behind the desk were very professional and charming. I was in a studio room at the back of the hotel (had requested and got bushland views). Room and bathroom was clean and spacious for a studio. The air con worked perfectly and wasn't annoying with noise. Bed was great, had a really good sleep. My only criticism of the room is the desk is a little small than what id like or what im used to in a hotel room that has a desk. Maybe a small table could be utilised in the room as well as there is enough space? Other than that it exceeded my expectations.

Parking was $15 undercover, and you can come and go as much as you like using the security key provided at check-in. Didn't get to try the Atlantis restaurant or the other nearby food options, but will do next time around

Overall highly recommended to stay at this hotel, particularly if you have a vehicle. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Travelman2500,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest North Ryde.

The team are extremely pleased that we met your expectations and provided you with "Brilliant" accommodation. We also thank you for your suggestions with regards to a larger internet desk, which we shall review upon have a discussion with regards to decor and furniture at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Meriton Suites North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Quest North Ryde? Share your experiences!