“Reasonable accommodation near university”

Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Arrived and was checked in by a man called Lax who was helpful and friendly, given a room on the 2nd floor and it was clean and comfortable with everything a guest would require, the in room kitchenette is a bonus at travelodge hotels.
Any contact we had with staff was pleasant and polite.
The hotel is a pleasant 10 minute walk to the nearest train station and shopping centre.
The only problem we found was that the breakfast while OK was not of the same standard we have found at other travelodge hotels we have used

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear oldmikeNewZealand

Thank you for posting your review on Trip advisor. My name is Arthur Rojas and I am the new Hotel Manager here at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. Please excuse my delayed response to your feedback.

I’ll be sure to share your thoughts with Lax and the rest of the team here at Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. Rest assured we are working on improving the breakfast to not only meet, but exceed our other Travelodge Hotels. Please do let me know if there is anything you think we should be offering on our buffet breakfast (arojas@travelodge.com.au). I encourage all types of feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Arthur Rojas
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

First time at this hotel and i have to say it worth the money. Nice clean hotel, friendly staff especially all the reception staff always helpful, big clean rooms. Definitely stay here again. Close to train station and the big shopping mall. Beautiful big park close by with nice lake. Buffet breakfast was great.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Sulz4you,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie and for leaving your comments regarding your stay.
I am pleased to read you enjoy all aspects of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie when you next visiting the Macquarie and North Ryde area.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and modernity of the room. I guess it's to be expected being a relatively new building but we thought it was great value. Yes, parking onsite is $7.50 but there is limited on street parking nearby and probably some limited options if one was up for a 10 minute walk. Relaxing stroll through the impressive Macquarie University grounds should one need to catch the train. Breakfast was a disappointment, firstly because it finishes at 10am on weekends (far too early, most hotels offer it until 11am) and secondly, when we rocked up at 9:30am most of the food had already been finished and was waiting a desperate refill by the lazy staff. We had to seek them out and ask them to specifically re-fill the eggs, mushrooms and toast (of which none were wholemeal, which is unhealthy and not up to the times). The juices were also on tap but almost to a drip and almost empty. By the time the food was replenished, the toast and coffee had gone cold. The staff should be reminded that 9:30am is not 10am and should keep the food re-filled up until 10am as expected by guests (we weren't the last ones there!). I suspect due to laziness/budget control but it was the only disappointing aspect of our stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Swisstruffles,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie and for leaving your valuable comments.
I am pleased to read that you were pleased with the facilities at the hotel, and enjoyed the location on the Macquarie University grounds, nice and close to the train station.
Swissruffles, I am sorry to hear that the breakfast team didn’t meet your expectations. As you know, breakfast finishes at 10am over the weekends and when the time draws close to the closing time, we have our team inform our guests that anything they would like, the team will cook to this fresh to order which then minimises food waste, and also ensure that the food is nice and hot. I apologise if this wasn’t communicated to you, however I will ensure this is reiterated with the team to avoid any further concerns.
Swissruffles, thank you again for your comments as these do allow us to improve the service and quality to our guests.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

On this site it clearly states FREE PARKING as quoted below & on booking in were charged $7.50 for this free parking! WHY?
Room 301 was average for a motel although found mould on the tiles in the shower recess, Power point near the table & chairs had signs that one outlet had been shorted out & internet plugin point had been pushed right back into the wall making unusable.
Although plenty of tea & coffee there was little milk for us to enjoy having our tea & coffee.
Again back to the CHARGED parking area the card swipe NEVER worked & had to rely on the contact staff button to get out & in to the FREE PARKING that costs an extra $7.50.
We will be seeking a different place to stay next time as we expect to be in this area more often.
Address: 81 Talavera Road, North Ryde, Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia
Region: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Ryde > North Ryde
Free Parking & we were charged.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Rob A,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie, and for leaving your comments regarding your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear about the confusion regarding our parking. Unfortunately it would appear that Trip Advisor has incorrect information relating to the charge of the car parking, and I will be sure to contact them directly to ensure this information is updated to avoid any future confusion.
Thank you for also alerting us to the maintenance issue regarding the internet port, and car parking swipe, which I will be sure again to have my maintenance team to follow up to rectify these issues.
Rob A, thank you again for your comments, as it assists us on improving the hotel, as well as our guest experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at TL Macquarie recently and it was a very comfortable, convenient and welcoming place to stay. But the stand-out for me was the service! I left a favourite travel item in my room when I checked out. During the next few days, the Reception staff were sensational in following up and finding this item for me and then positing it to my home. At every point, each person I dealt with was courteous, helpful and attentive. This is the kind of service that makes a stay memorable. I have no hesitation in posting this review to show my appreciation. Thanks, folks!

Room Tip: Second floor is convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Jenna M,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie, and for leaving your kind comments. I am pleased to read that my team exceeded your expectations and that we were able to leave a lasting impression on you!
Jenna M, thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie when you are next visiting the North Ryde / Macquarie park area.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was astonished to find that the hotel required a $165 security bond from us when we checked in. The folks on the front desk were very reluctant to let us have a luggage trolley to transport our bags from the paid parking area at the back of the hotel, and only relented with repeated assurances that we would return it. (What else, for goodness' sake!?) When we asked for directions to the nearest restaurant, we were assured there was one in the very next building. We couldn't find it. The final straw was being told, at check out, that our security bond would not be repaid until they had inspected our room. In every other respect, this seemed like a normal, clean, quiet hotel, so we were nonplussed at these requirements. No complaints about the room, the bed, the position of the hotel - but the unhelpful attitude of the staff means we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MattnAnna,

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Macquarie, and for leaving your leaving a review on your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear that the team failed to deliver on our customer service and you found the team members you dealt with unhelpful.
In regards to the return of the room bond and return of bond payment, it is procedure at the hotel to receive payment for the total accommodation stay, as well as an additional $50.00 for room incidentals and upon departure, a member of team just checks over the room to reduce the hotels liability in the event of damage and should there be no damage or outstanding balance on the account, the bond is returned. MattnAnna, please do accept my apologies if this was not explained to you correctly upon check-in and I do hope this clarifies this matter for you.
MattnAnna, thank you again for your feedback as it does assist us in improving our guest service and satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at the TL, for third time. Same professional Staff, Clean rooms, excellent water pressure in the showers, Steam Irons, that work close to work, trains, supermarkets and mall. Long days at work no train just a 5 minute walk to the TL to relax and watch TV.

Would and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TMQRMGR, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear DaaVee,

Thank you for your comments as I am pleased to read that you enjoy staying with us at the Travelodge Macquarie.

As you mentioned, we are only just a short 5 minute walk from the train station which is a direct line through North Sydney into the city – which does make it easy to come back to your room and relax!

DaaVee, thank your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Macquarie.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
1 mi away
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park

Been to Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde? Share your experiences!