“cosy and quiet”

Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed 8 August 2014

2 nights on business - a stiff 10min walk from the macquaire university rail station lugging a bag was good exercise - welcoming front desk but no porter - a basic hotel with few frills (no pool) but comfortable if a bit pricy

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear DrogueChute

It was a pleasure to have our visitor from the Nation’s Capital. I like to think the walk through the university campus is a pleasant one, please do not hesitate to contact us next time and we can come pick you up.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was accused of smoking in my room, I had a broken glass in my room on arrival, the food was terrible and made me ill and I was lied to about free parking and wifi I will NEVER stay with you again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chantelle G

Dear Chantelle G

Could you please email me your contact details so I can speak to you about your stay personally? Unfortunately Trip Advisor does hide the name which makes it difficult to match in our system. I would like to get more information from you in regards to the free Wi-Fi & parking and especially the smoking situation in a room.

We are a strictly non-smoking property and we ensure all our rooms remain that way as preferences for non-smoking rooms is the norm for our Guests. Parking is advertised throughout all websites (including our own) at the nightly rate of $15.00 while the complimentary internet is restricted to 15 minutes in our lobby area only.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

poor management or lack there of emergency evacuation procedure.
No direction to hotel guests, no one knew what to do. Hotel staff and management had no idea on what was expected of the guests, stay in room or to go evacuation point.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco B
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Marco B

Thank you for providing this information to me. The team has recently had a refresher course on the fire and emergency procedure with the key area of learning is the clear communication with our guests. I do apologise that in your case the team was not concise with their directions, but in future cases we will continue to improve.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Its ausome experience!!
Service crews were very nice and they did their best in making me feel good and akways they say in my place.
Jignedh Santi Lynn .. beautiful SVC crews I ever met in hotel.
One tall and slim Asian guy.. hmm he always frown and seems dissatisfied and this makes me feel unconfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Huggi-kim

Thank you for the kind words, I will definitely share your review with the team especially Jignesh, Basanti and Lyn. I do know they have been working very hard on their service to ensure our Guest enjoy their stay. I will also keep an eye out on the tall slim gentleman you speak of to ensure he has a big smile on your return.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The stay at travelodge was very comfortable. It was trouble free and enjoyable. The thing I like the most is the cleanlines of the rooms as well as hotel promises. The nearness to Macquarie university and shopping centre added to its advantage. Overall, it was a nice stay. Keep it up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anupriya A

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our hard working Housekeeping team, I am sure they will appreciate your words.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

it was a great pleasure to stay in Travelodge Hotel. The location was great as well the service and cleanness. the only thing which I did not like is the fee of using the internet. I hope the either drop or minimize the fee. Other than that I enjoyed the staying too much and raring to come again and again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Khedir

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde. We hope to have an update on our Internet in the coming future as we do recognise the need for a more cost effective alternative.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Check in & out , very smooth, Room very good, very big,light globe fell down for no reason, air con set on cold could not be adjusted, bed pulled up, not made, staff friendly,lift could do with a makeover

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Darrell R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. If you could email me via arojas@travelodge.com.au as I would like our maintenance team to look at the light fixture issues you experienced. I am not sure which light globe you are mentioning. In regards to our lifts, we recently had the interior upgraded including the safety contact feature.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
1 mi away
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park

Been to Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde? Share your experiences!