We have stayed at this hotel several times when we have visited North Ryde and we have always enjoyed our stay. However, this time when we stayed in room 204 there seemed to be a problem with the air-conditioning, as it kept becoming warm and stuffy in the room, consequently we did not get very much sleep. We had a big day after our first night's stay and we both got up feeling very tired which was disappointing. We reported the problem to reception and they told us that they would have an engineer take a look at the air-conditioner in the room while we were away. But the second night was no better and we nearly got up and went home at 3.00 am, but we were both too tired to drive back to the Central Coast. We have never had such a problem in our rooms with air-conditioning before. A lot of things at the Courtyard seemed to be suffering from a cut back this time, there were no butter plates or knives on the tables, coffee machines instead of personally served percolated coffee from the waiters. There is usually a great selection of juices to choose from at breakfast, but this time there was only a choice of three, the hot food was not as good as we have enjoyed on other stays. We found that the breakfast staff tried very hard to do a good job, but they all seemed quite inexperienced and needed a more senior staff member to help them. We were told on the phone when we made our booking that there was no longer a buffet lunch on a Friday, but when we arrived later on the Friday afternoon we found at that there had indeed been a buffet lunch, but nobody knew about it, so it was cancelled. The only good thing that we can say about our stay this time, is that we had dinner in the restaurant on Friday night and it was great, the food was delicious and the service very good, in fact the salad buffet that was intended for Friday lunch was included as a free salad buffet with our main meal. As we have always enjoyed our stays in the past it meant that we left this time feeling very disappointed and questioning whether we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde boasts an unbeatable location within Macquarie Business Park. Book your stay for business or pleasure and enjoy our hotel's winning blend of convenience, value and service. You'll find Macquarie University, ANZ Stadium, Allphones Arena and other attractions within prime proximity to our hotel. Recharge using our fitness facilities, utilize our full-service business centre or unwind with a meal and cocktail at Orchards Restaurant. Plus, our array of eight versatile meeting rooms and talented staff promise to execute your event in style. Book your stay at one of the best-appointed North Ryde hotels today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Sydney -North Ryde Hotel North Ryde
- Courtyard North Ryde
- North Ryde Courtyard
- Courtyard Sydney North Ryde