“Smiles all round”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Googong NSW
“Smiles all round”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Have stayed here many times over the years. We deserted the hotel for a nearby more modern facility a couple of months ago, but came back when the Courtyard had a special offer at the weekend. Christie at reception was exceptional - couldn't have been more helpful. And Megan in charge of the dining room was great too. Our room was fine, spacious in fact, though the bathroom was strangely pokey in comparison. The towels were somewhat tired and smelled slightly of kitchen oil (probably washed in an industrial laundry where all white towels go in together) but everything else was fine. Room service food was good, though the tea and coffee must have been prepared before the food as they were just warm. Sunday breakfast was a bit of a bun fight - a full house and not enough cutlery to go around. But the staff did do their best - they were friendly and were quick to solve problems. Obviously, ones experience can be largely influenced by the staff one engages with - in our case, they were all good, and two were outstanding: we were very happy.

Room Tip: Some rooms face a main road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel- the first was lovely and thus we re booked..
We paid for a room and parking- however when we got there- they told us they had no parking and that we needed to park around 2km away until one was available...
I just felt this was unacceptable.
We went to our room. Expecting the same nice fresh room from our last stay, instead we were
Put in a wheelchair access room which meant the bathroom was a fully wet room, furniture was scarce to allow for wheelchair and there were handles and railings everywhere- which although I do not mind- I just don't think it what we expected- especially the bathroom being fully wet...
They did not like moving us and were absolutely useless- we just felt like we couldn't just be settled...

Although these are two small things it was the service surrounding them and lack of care that was the problem- especially for the price and location....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Treska-n-Dave
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well positioned basic hotel for business. It's in the heart of all the big business area. Breakfast is very poor value for money. Basic but with a hefty price tag. Glad I was not paying ! Lovely staff. But did not get the wake up call I ordered. I saw it written down correctly but still they had it down over 3 hrs late. Lucky I woke up very early.

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'd like to make a special mention of Megan at Courtyard Marriot North Ryde for her happy disposition, courtesy and for making the best coffee for me every morning. She deserve an 10+ out of 10. Cheers

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for about 2 months and was happy with the staff and the room. They were pleasant and it was clean. The food wasn't anything great and there isn't much around here so unless you are visiting something specific in the general area, you will likely be in for a bit of travel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sussex Inlet, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I made a reservation through Hotels.com, i requested 2 double beds in a balcony room. On arrival i had to give my credit card for a $100 deposit and $139 for the room for 1 night. All good, we get up to the room and no balcony, i phoned reception and was told if i want a balcony room i would have to pay an extra $50. I was not pre-pared to do this. The room was extremley stuffy, we had to have the door ajar for air, there were a pair of old shoes under one bed, a dirty sock under the other bed, the condiments draw was filthy with dried up old milk and spilt sugar. My children did not get to sleep until midnight as there was a function on down stairs and the music was thumping through our floor. On depature i went to reception to return our room key/card. I was asked again for my credit card, i told the ladie that i had already given it the day before. She said,oh no that was just a pre authorisation, you need to pay. So i gave my card, we went to exit the hotel in the carpark and the boom gate would not let us out with the ticket she gave me, so i went back in, she was very apologetic and said she'd open it from inside, this happened three times before we could get out!!! By this time i am extremely frustrated. We went on our day to Luna park for our daughters Birthday, went to purchase tickets and my bank was declined??? after checking with my bank the North Ryde Marriott had taken our reservation costs out of my bank twice. I had no funds to purchase Luna Park tickets for my family. i phoned Marriott North Ryde and i was told that it takes a few days for the money to go back into my account, and that it is their policy to take preauthorisation. YES I understand that but not twice!!!!! NORTH RYDE MARRIOTT you ruined our weekend away and broke my little girls heart on her birthday.

Room Tip: I would choose a balcony room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Holidays20132013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Very good hotel and very convenient being close to my company office. The hotel shuttle bus brings you there (and to many other companies around) on demand and pick you up in the evening after you call them. For sure I will come back once in business trip to Sydney.
Only note: Buffet breakfast ends at 9:00am... So hurry up.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!