“Best staff I have ever come in contact with”

Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in North Ryde
Reviewed 1 December 2009

The staf at this hotel is amazing and you can tell they love what they do, front desk staff Emma Thomas is truly gifted at her job. The restaurant staff was fabulous and the rooms were big, clean and right close to transit, after travelling from Canada it was well worth the trip!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde

Reviewed 14 November 2009

I stayed here for a night, the last time being more than a year ago.

It's always a good thing when the staff greets you by your name and welcomes you back. This was my nice experience during check-in. Although I know that their computer system prompted that, it still is a nice personalised touch!

It is my custom to fill up customer feedback forms that the hotel leaves in guest rooms. I had totally forgotten about what I had written the last time but when I entered and checked out the room, a specific comment that I had indicated in the feedback form was already incorporated -- and this was a simple anti-slip bath mat for the shower! I was impressed even with that small item.

The room was clean and tidy. The Internet connection was good.

I ordered room service for dinner (not much options really in the area). The service was fast and the lady who delivered it was nice and charming.

Will be back...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2009

The staff treated us amazingly well. Some of the best customer service I have ever had at a htoel and to name names Emma Thomas at the front desk went all out in making us feel special, welcome and appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Comparing with another 4.5 star property nearby, this hotel never charge you for things you didn't use. The lobby is not very impressive but the rooms are clean, comfortable and tidy. The standard executive desk, rotating chair and additional drawers, on top of fast internet connection would be a plus for business travellers. Not to mention that it's located right next to the Macquarie Business Park. Cleaning service is only a few bucks dearer than dry-cleaners nearby, but using their service will save heaps of time and trouble. Buffet breakfest at the restaurant is warm and fresh at reasonable price.

Overall, I am quite happy with my stay.

The only thing that I am a bit concerned is security. We arrived around 2.30am and found their front door not locked. In the past, this would not have happened. I thought they might have a swipe card system in their lift now so it's ok for them not to lock their door at night. But I was wrong. It means anyone from outside can come in through the hotel door and take the lift up to any floor. That's a little worrying.

Another area can be improve on is the grime at the bath tub corners, and the staining of the bath tub. It's not too much of a big issue for me as shower is good enough for me. But I believe there would be some guests who prefer bath to shower. In that case, marks will be deducted.

Overall, if they have locked the front door in early morning, it would be a perfect stay for me.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anytimecheerful
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in North Ryde. The hotel was very modern, looked like a new built with all the modern facilties you would expect from a 4* hotel.

Our room was spacious with a separate desk/office area, TV, Internet and the usual modern ammenties. The en-suite with bath was nice.

We at the time we stayed in January 2008 that the hotel was a little too far from Sydney. Hourly buses left the hotel and took you to sydney for $4.60rtn. However we saw that 2 minutes from the hotel a new metro/train station was being constructed. More than likely this is now open, so would make the hotel much more accessible and a more suitable option.

The hotel is located next to some shops and there is a KFC opposite the hotel. Although the hotel has a good restaurant.

I liked best the hotel itself - very clean, food great, rooms modern.
I liked least the location - too far if you were wanting to commute or see Sydney. There are plenty industrial/office areas around the hotel so I guess its more of a business hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank limerickonline
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 12 May 2009

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Booked only three days in advance for a New Year's stay in Sydney, so I was quite surprised it wasn't full. Being the holidays, they really cranked the rates up, but that's to be expected. They offered shuttles to the CBD to watch the New Year's celebrations, but the shuttle only ran as far as the north end of Sydney Harbour Bridge. Can't say I blame them for that given the traffic, but they charged nearly 10 dollars a head for this.

There's not much of a nightlife in North Ryde, and you kind of have to plan your trips to the CBD wisely in order to avoid paying the tolls all the time. The rapid transit line will soon have a stop very near to the hotel, so that will be a huge help. Macquarie shopping center is within walking distance.

Rooms are standard Marriott fare: pretty nice furnishings, very clean. Internet service was good but pricey.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Sydney Macquarie Park
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
MGSM Executive Hotel and Conference Centre
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde

Been to Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde? Share your experiences!