“Brilliant location & Clean”

Lane Cove River Tourist Park
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Brilliant location & Clean”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Centrally located in 'the nice part' of Sydney.
You will need a car as it's in a National Park, not the CBD but it's only 10 mins to near anything and only 30 mins to everything.
It's clean, cosy and reasonably priced for what it is.

Definitely a sure thing for me if I'm in Sydney for over a week and not staying with friends or family.

Room Tip: I like my independence and comfort, so a cabin is always my choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Lara L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Moonta, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a powered site, friendly wildlife which the children loved. $38 per night very reasonable. Within the national park. Only 15 min drive into city. Nice clean quite park Two thumbs up

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Opal2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

An oasis surrounded by suburbia. Great location close to North Ryde station for easy access into the city. Big sites in the park with modern clean amenities. Part of Lane Cove NP for some great bush walks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Very quiet and peaceful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Macarthur, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently stayed at Lane Cove Tourist Park, it was only a short drive from home for us (50 mins) but just wanted to get away for a week. A beautiful Park in the heart of Sydney suburbia, clean well kept. The only thing that was not good is that we were camped right in front of the kids play area (we don't have any kids) and it was noisy and the equipment was also VERY noisy. They should have enquired as to whether we had children or not when allocating us a spot. Other than that it was fantastic, we played tourist for the weekend in our lovely city. Oh and one other thing that kind of disappointed me is that my 83 year old parents came to visit and they were not allowed to park their car in the park (my Mum has a walking frame) the people next to us had gone out for the day and we asked if we could use their parking spot which they said was fine but management wouldn't allow it, so we had to go in and out, in and out and walking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra K
Parkes, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The location of this caravan park is perfect for visitors to Sydney as it is reasonably close to transport to the city and Chatswood.
However I was very disappointed in some aspects of my 4 night stay.
The north end toilet and shower block was not cleaned to any sort of an acceptable standard. There was black mould in shower cunicles 4 & 5 and also on the ceiling. The paint in all of the shower cubicles is sheeting off. I also noticed that the cleaners mops don't fit into square corners in the toilet cubicles.
The site allocated to me did not have a concrete pad just a block of dirt approx 80 m2 which turned to mud on the last night when it poured rain. I had a very miserable pack up.
This park is very popular and has no competition but that is no excuse for lack of cleanliness and ongoing maintenance and development.
On a positive note the wildlife is fabulous especially the birds. If you are fit the walks are also terrific.
I can't comment on the staff as the only one I saw was when I checked in. She was efficient enough but after asking me if I had been there before just explained the pin to get in and out of the park.
I am sure that Parks & Wildlife feel that campers will enjoy the experience and overlook the shortcomings but there is more to life than tree hugging.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pioneer18
Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have had multiple stays at this park and every time have had a most enjoyable stay. The staff are very plesant and helpful. The park is very close to public transport for those who would rather not drive in the city. Facilities are clean and well maintained and conveniently placed around the park. Being in the Lane Cove National Park it is a great place to take kids, with wonderful nature walks and weekend nights guided spotlight discovery tours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Steinbach, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Went to this park twice on my trip from Melbourne- Goldcoast- Melbourne, The park is hidden and very quiet. Still very conveniently located to North Ride Train Station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I stayed there with my Campervan and can only say...Great stay! The facilities are clean and well maintained. The staff great. Just what I was looking for and more!!!

Thanks for making my stay such a great one

Will be back!

Comfort Inn North Shore
Comfort Inn North Shore
#1 of 2 in Lane Cove
NRMA Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park

Been to Lane Cove River Tourist Park? Share your experiences!