“Great day in the harbour”

Australian Spirit Sailing Company
Sunrise Sailing on Sydney Harbour
US$170.59*
Sailing Day Tour on Sydney Harbour
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We booked a 4 hr (which turned out to be almost 5 hours) trip with Australian Spirit Sailing Company and had a fantastic time cruising and sailing in Sydney Harbour.

The guy that took us out, Tony, was really friendly with lots of local knowledge and cooked up a good lunch too. Much better than going on bigger tour boat - we had the yacht to our selves and were able to do as much of the sailing as we wanted and then relax on the way back whilst he did most of the work.

Was my second time in Sydney and getting out on the water is a great way of seeing the sights.

Reviewed 22 November 2008

I would like to give some advice on this as several days were spent trying to figure out which one to go with. So opted for a small one that was not a mad big boat as thought it would get closer to any whales spotted
On Australian Spirit Sailing Company/Sydney eco whale watching they promise and gurantee that if you do not see the whales you come back free of charge as they all do. On the day chosen it was miserable and wet and spent the whole time chasing other bigger boats who always seemed to have first sight of them.
How it works is that the 3 tours in question on the Sunday radio each other and all boats make a mad dash to see the whale. So when Australian Spirit Sailing Company eventually got there(only a small yacht) the whales had decided to go under.
An unsuccessful day tired and cold so the agreement on the website was that another go free of charge is given and Tony on the day in question also mentioned it.So despite no whales went away happy as as another trip was allowed and did not have to pay another $200 to see them again
So since October God have I tried to rebook this, never answer phones, reply to both voicemails or emails which now means have missed the north and south migration of the whales and missed the opportunity to see whales during the few months stay in Sydney.
So please do not use them and go with the bigger companies that can get you near the whale and if not, more reputable and better known companies with a presence in or around Darling Harbour will mean that you will get a better service and you have more fall back if on the day you are unsuccessful as I was. Afterall in this day and age of online social networking image reputation means alot to most companies.

3  Thank mcgringo
Reviewed 16 May 2007

This is a very nice way to romance your other half. My partner bought a romantic overnight package for me for my birthday. It was stunning to be able to see the sunset on the harbour with a glass of champagne while we were sailed around. Dinner was also amazing; we were served a HUGE serving of fresh seafood which was delicious. The only downfall was the sleeping arrangements. The bed was damp from condensation and we actually couldn't sleep there all night since we both felt quite claustrophobic. We woke up around 3am feeling the urgent need to get out and get some air! It was beautiful though to see the stars at 3am! Also, do not expect to have tea or hot chocolate etc since who knows how long those products have been there! The tea I made was dusty and had a foul taste and I had to scavenge through the cupboards to luckily find an unopened hot chocolate! Victory!! After watching the beautiful sunrise we made our own breakfast but the oven was a nightmare, very old and dodgy we actually thought the owner was very trusting to allow people to use the stove since it is so easy to set the whole place on fire! So toast is out of the question but you will be provided with fresh fruit and you can cook your own bacon and eggs. Overall if I did it again I would go for the dinner and the sailing tour, but leave the overnight stay out.