“Sydney wedding”

Ranked #9 of 10 Randwick B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Sydney wedding”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony. There was a generous supply of tea and coffee.
We found it difficult to keep the ensuite floor dry as the shower recess leaked.
We had a very enjoyable one night stay

Room Tip: Room 2 has a great patio shared with room 1
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I selected The Blenheim for it's suburban location, and it turned out to be very good from that angle. An easy drive to most of Sydney including the CBD, and dozens of restaurants within a few minutes walk. Parking is a challenge though. On-site parking is only about 4 cars and very tight, so street parking is the norm. It is safe to do so, but convenient spots are a challenge to find during the day; OK from mid-evening on. Room size was OK, but facilities a bit sparse. For example no bed-side tables in the room I was in. There was a good sized deck for relaxing on and bathroom, while again a bit small could have used small things like shelves for toiletries. One other nuisance was the air conditioner located at the head of the bead, blowing cold air directly down on the pillows - not an ideal position for it.

However, my greatest annoyance was that the hotel offered free wi-fi, yet I could not connect. I did ask several staff (who, with one exception were charming and communicative) what the hotel's I.S.P. name was, so I could talk to them about my connection problem. Never heard back, nor did I get a response from two emails on the subject. And I was there for 4 nights, so they had plenty of time. Imagine my feelings about that when, at checkout, I was told by staff that "yes, internet is a problem, Many guests have difficulties, and we cannot sort it our with the provider". Why not tell me that on day one, so I could have stopped wasting ages trying to connect!

Room Tip: Maybe I was just unlucky with the room I got, but I would check facilities and set up before booking...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger F
Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The room initially looks nice although a small, but you soon notice that the room is infested with ants, a few roaches, and moths. Management blames it on the rain and weather, but I don't think the weather will change for you. What is worse is that even after telling the management office and cleaning lady to at least make up the room, they just ignore you. I give it a two star only because of its proximity to the hospital.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Generous_reviewer

Travellers are raving about these Randwick hotels

Canberra
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Clean and convenient for our needs. A bit more basic than some, perhaps, but had everything we needed. The room was comfortable, with a good bed and bathroom (albeit a compact one). The front desk service was great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
sydney_lodges, Guest Relations Manager at The Blenheim Randwick, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for staying with Sydney Lodges at The Blenhiem Randwick, one our most comfortable properties in Randwick. We're also glad to see you booked directly with us through our own Sydney Lodge website, the easiest way to book with us.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at one of the Sydney Lodges soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Small but clean and comfortable queen bed room which was all we needed for our one night stay. Our room faced the street over the road from the Children's Hospital and I was suprised that it wasn't noisy over night but perhaps being a Sunday it wasn't busy with ambulance traffic. Parking on the street can be hard to find. Close to everything you need if you don't have a car - shops, restaurants, supermarket, banks & buses to city or beach. Would stay here again as I thought it was reasonably priced for Sydney accommodation and on my visits I don't need much space as I'm out all day, just a comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Photos on website are to room - without the flowers.

Room Tip: Perhaps try rooms on the Blenheim Street side they may be quieter than High Street (hospital street...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with Sydney Lodges at The Blenheim Randwick, and thanks for booking directly with us through our own Sydney Lodges website, by far the most affordable way to book!

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear you found the room comfortable and location convenient. Parking can be tricky you're right, for us locals we deal with it every day in Sydney! It's best to arrive early on your arrival day to get a car park and try not to use your car during your stay so you can leave it in the spot for the whole time.

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sydney.
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Booked 2 rooms at this hotel 3 weeks in advance - but on arrival only one room was showing in their computer (" a computer error") even though all our paperwork and their paperwork showed two rooms were booked, prepaid and confirmed. Offered us the last room in another property which was really just a backpackers hostel and meant my sister had to stay by herself at a separate hotel from us. As this was the last room at either place it left me wondering what they would have done if there had not been that other room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
sydney_lodges, Guest Relations Manager at The Blenheim Randwick, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
I can very much assure you that we would never let a guest sleep on the street. Let me further assure you that you were never close to sleeping on the street.

Unfortunately our reservation system, which has since been changed, had a very short period of not entering the second room, for bookings of more than one room. We're very sorry this affected your reservation and of course wish we could turn back the clock. Please know that your reservations was a big part of us switching to a new system.

Randwick Lodge, the property where we found a room for your booking is not a backpackers, with many of the guests being friends and relatives of hospital patients or people visiting for short courses at UNSW.

As you have mentioned you were wondering what we might do if that room was not available, we normally would then check the availability of our 6 properties in Randwick which usually results in a room being found. However, in the extremely rare event that a room is not found within our 6 properties, we would then check availability at our competing hotels, which we would then cover any rate difference between us and them so you don't incur any further charges.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Again, we're very sorry you experienced this unfortunate situation and hope you will give Sydney Lodges a chance to redeem ourselves someday in the near future.
South Coast NSW
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The Blenheim is a small hotel located in Randwick right opposite Sydney Children's Hospital and close to shops and restaurants. Office hours are from 8-6. Limited parking with a fee. The rooms are small however have all you need and they are very clean. Comfortable beds and reasonable linen. Opening louvre windows for fresh air, air conditioner and a balcony with tables and chairs. Some traffic noise. Communal kitchen and coin laundry down stairs. Lifts are available. Pleasant office staff. Free WI Fi. I felt very safe here, I had stayed in other rooms but these are very comfortable. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back street have less traffic noise. Rooms are small but functional.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank grevilleabrae5761
sydney_lodges, Guest Relations Manager at The Blenheim Randwick, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you for staying with Sydney Lodges at The Blenheim Randwick, and thank you for booking direct with us through our Sydney Lodges website, certainly one of the most hassle free and cheapest ways to book.

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review for future guests. We're so thankful you took the time to leave your review.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Randwick.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randwick
Veriu Randwick
Randwick Lodge
#4 of 10 in Randwick
Perouse Lodge
#3 of 10 in Randwick

Been to The Blenheim Randwick? Share your experiences!