“Disappointing”
Review of Avoca Lodge

Avoca Lodge
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Was at this hotel for 3 nights. There was no one on reception until 9:40am on the Monday (checking out day).

There was no servicing of the room.

Prior to me stay I received an email telling me that if I liked the Facebook page I would get free wifi and a late check out. This was not the case.

Room was basic and noisy.

Not value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 February 2011

The Avoca Lodge is a convenient stay to UNSW where I was attending class over the weekend. The room was very clean with ample space, comfortable bed and large clean bathroom. There wasn't an iron in the room however one was provided in a shared kitchen on the ground floor. If you are studying there is a desk in the room, however there isn't a desk lamp and the ceiling light isn't really bright enough for this.

Overall I slept comfortably and was happy with the stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2011

no car parking even though it was advertised that parking was available
no staff available we did all our correspondence over our own phone to the number
advertised on the closed reception
had to cancel early due to operation delay and found rates very expensive

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Avoca Lodge has been renovated tastefully and practically. A very comfortable stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I arrived earlier than I had expected and asked the hotel manager if I could check in earlier. I was advised that check in was 1400 but as check out was 1000 a room could be cleaned and I could check in at 1100.
However, when I returned at 1100 I was advised by a staff member quite rudely that the manager had decided to extend the check out time of several guests and that my room was no longer available to me at 1100 but at 1400.
I was treated very rudely by staff who did seem to care about giving me any customer service. I had to go to another hotel and pay for another room!
To add further insult to injury I had booked through lastminute.com.au and complained to them and they told me that management are refusing to refund my payment. Even though I did not get to stay in the room!!
I will never stay with this group again. There rooms are not as good as they advertise anyway because the standard rooms are no where near as nice as the expensive rooms they show the pictures of. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else where you will get customer service!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank 1976vintage
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Stayed here for two nights and was super fine. Good location and was clean and tidy. Bathrooms had been updated and all was great. I would stay here again. Although rubbish and towels were not replaced each day - but I think it was a case of do it yourself.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Excellent, clean and well managed... I stayed here over a period of 2.5 years and was always impressed. The current manager is excellent and very welcoming

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business