“Good location, neat & clean”

High Cross Park Lodge
Ranked #7 of 11 Randwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had a recent stay in High Cross Park Lodge. It is Very close to Supermarkets, different types of food outlets, few minutes walk to UNSW. The room and bathroom are clean and tidy. The small pantry inside the room with all the utensils helped me to prepare my own bed tea. AC was very quiet giving the right temperature. TV can be rotated to get the best view from any location. Separate ventilation fan for the bathroom kept the floor dry all the time. The common pantry and laundry provide the guests extra facilities. Access to the room at any time of the day was easy.
Very first day I reached the Lodge at midnight. The room key was kept for me with the welcome letter in the code-locked box. The surrounding area was very quiet, though very close to the main streets.

Few things I had to bear up are; The size of the room is just enough to store the hand baggage. And the window was just opposite to the adjoining bathroom window. I had to keep the curtains drawn across all the time. The room is cleaned only once in few days so are the towels.

I will select the High Cross Park lodge, next time when I visit Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dhammika W

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Found High Cross Park Lodge very close to Prince Of Wales Hospital which is what i needed. My husband had to have an operation so looked for somewhere close by. We booked in the night before his procedure. Loved how close it was to restaurants galore. We ventured out for dinner the first night and came back to settle into a comfy nights sleep. The next night i was on my own and felt completely safe staying at the lodge...(which at first was worried about staying in Sydney on my own) but seeing the location and the security of locked doors and gates i felt at ease. The area in which High Cross is located made it easy to venture out on my own for an evening meal. I found the reception staff very very friendly which also put me at ease. It is also an easy walk down to Coogee Bay which is another plus. Thankyou for making me feel safe and secure and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank goldy09
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My Son and I stayed for three nights here. Room was small though clean. Bathroom was nice. UNSW is seven minutes walk from the lodge where my son had an interview for admission to med school. Buses for Sydney CBD and the domestic/international airport run frequently from the nearby stops. Coogee bay beach is also situated at a walking distance. Linen, towels, utensils and mini fridge were provided but no cooktop or microwave oven. unfortunately one cannot cook or warm food if wanted.Over all I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shot64
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband stayed here for 3 nights, and I one night in December 2013 as I had a hospital stay. The location was perfect for us, with the hospital basically across the road and the pub on the corner for meals and refreshments. The shops and restaurants are a short walk down the street as well which was great for my husband.The rooms were fine, small, but we did not need a large room. The bed was only ok for comfort. The only drawback was the parking, there were limited spaces out the back of the property and too hard to wait for one to come up across the road. Overall, the stay was cheap enough and perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights here while in Sydney for NYE. The room was safe and comfortable with a decent bed and bathroom, tea making facilities, and air con. The management were friendly. The lodge is located close to bus services and places to eat. Found it very easy on NYE to commute into and out of the city and also to Eastgardens and Maroubra.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

How do I rate High Cross Park Lodge.
Great location, a 2 min walk across the park to the main street of Randwick and the Manager was really friendly and helpful.
The room itself was not much bigger than the double bed, allowing for a small round table, wardrobe and kitchen sink including cupboard. Basic necessities included; tv, tea, coffee making facilities, fridge etc were included.
The bathroom had recently been renovated and while it was a little clumsy in design it was clean. Unfortunately the toilet ran constantly and the shower water ran out onto the bathroom floor. The toilet seat was too small for the toilet which felt really unhygienic.
Our room was on the back lane which got considerable noise from the pub next door but it wasnt too much of a problem for us. I also think it would be a good idea to put security on windows!
Overall it was an easy going, no fuss, no frills stay, in a lovely only lodge, and great value for Sydney accomodation.

Room Tip: Perhaps inside the main part of the lodge would be better for noise and security, however this is di...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ASSunnyCoast
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our group of friends stayed in several shared rooms at the High Cross Park Lodge for 3 nights at the end of October while we attended an event at the University of NSW - which was an easy walk, an inexpensive taxi ride or a quick bus trip there & back. It's an old building so all the rooms varied in size and outlook - however because we were out all day and really only sleeping there, they were all large enough for our needs. The bathrooms were clean and modern and there were the standard kettle, bar fridge plus helpful extras like washing up rack, cutlery and tea-towel. There's a small courtyard with a bbq and a picnic table which was handy for us to all gather in before heading out. The pub next door does good meals and there are plenty of other options really close by including supermarkets and take-away. Kokkino Cafe around the corner did great coffee & breakfasts. It is very good value for money if you need to stay in or near Randwick or Kensington. It really is a guest house, not a hotel, so you can't expect things like room service. The front desk staff ranged from extremely helpful to very off-hand - it really does depend on who you encounter and when. We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the main street are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends