All reviews prince of wales public transport min walk foot traffic stay there again within walking distance central station old building the pub across the road sydney buses suitcases
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Found High Cross Park Lodge very close to Prince Of Wales Hospital which is what i needed. My husband had to have an operation so looked for somewhere close by. We booked in the night before his procedure. Loved how close it was to restaurants galore. We ventured out for dinner the first night and came back to settle into a comfy nights sleep. The next night i was on my own and felt completely safe staying at the lodge...(which at first was worried about staying in Sydney on my own) but seeing the location and the security of locked doors and gates i felt at ease. The area in which High Cross is located made it easy to venture out on my own for an evening meal. I found the reception staff very very friendly which also put me at ease. It is also an easy walk down to Coogee Bay which is another plus. Thankyou for making me feel safe and secure and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank goldy09
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My Son and I stayed for three nights here. Room was small though clean. Bathroom was nice. UNSW is seven minutes walk from the lodge where my son had an interview for admission to med school. Buses for Sydney CBD and the domestic/international airport run frequently from the nearby stops. Coogee bay beach is also situated at a walking distance. Linen, towels, utensils and mini fridge were provided but no cooktop or microwave oven. unfortunately one cannot cook or warm food if wanted.Over all I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shot64
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband stayed here for 3 nights, and I one night in December 2013 as I had a hospital stay. The location was perfect for us, with the hospital basically across the road and the pub on the corner for meals and refreshments. The shops and restaurants are a short walk down the street as well which was great for my husband.The rooms were fine, small, but we did not need a large room. The bed was only ok for comfort. The only drawback was the parking, there were limited spaces out the back of the property and too hard to wait for one to come up across the road. Overall, the stay was cheap enough and perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights here while in Sydney for NYE. The room was safe and comfortable with a decent bed and bathroom, tea making facilities, and air con. The management were friendly. The lodge is located close to bus services and places to eat. Found it very easy on NYE to commute into and out of the city and also to Eastgardens and Maroubra.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

How do I rate High Cross Park Lodge.
Great location, a 2 min walk across the park to the main street of Randwick and the Manager was really friendly and helpful.
The room itself was not much bigger than the double bed, allowing for a small round table, wardrobe and kitchen sink including cupboard. Basic necessities included; tv, tea, coffee making facilities, fridge etc were included.
The bathroom had recently been renovated and while it was a little clumsy in design it was clean. Unfortunately the toilet ran constantly and the shower water ran out onto the bathroom floor. The toilet seat was too small for the toilet which felt really unhygienic.
Our room was on the back lane which got considerable noise from the pub next door but it wasnt too much of a problem for us. I also think it would be a good idea to put security on windows!
Overall it was an easy going, no fuss, no frills stay, in a lovely only lodge, and great value for Sydney accomodation.

Room Tip: Perhaps inside the main part of the lodge would be better for noise and security, however this is difficult to comment on as we were on the back balcony outside the main lodge. Perhaps a good thing to ask when you are booking your room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends