“Great experience”

Colonial Palms Motel & Cabins
Colonial Palms Motel & Cabins
Ranked #3 of 3 Ulladulla B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The motel is conveniently located 5 min drive to the Ulladulla shops. Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was nice, clean and comfortable at an affordable rate. My room had a view of the palm trees and the landscaped garden. The hosts are lovely people. Overall had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sshalg c

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a room at the back, clean, bed only double not queen, slept well. Good value for $90.00 we were traveling to Melbourne and it was a suitable stop, restaurants and shops nearby. We would be happy to use again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

There are so many reasons why this Motel is the worst motel I have ever stayed at.

1) The room was filthy dirty! The bathroom smelt like a public toilet after a festival! And the toilet was blocked and did not flush. The bathroom door did not even close properly! The towels were old and look well beyond there used by date!

2) The bed was so uncomfortable I contemplated sleeping on the small two seater sofa. The sheets were old, and the bed was made poorly (a flat sheet was used instead of fitted so all through the night you were lying on the mattress!!)

3) The motel provided guests with plates and glasses but no bowels stating that this would effect there income as they offered breakfast services....I guess they assume people don't use bowels when eating at any other time of the day?

4) I booked this motel online through Booking.com and was advised the cost and that half of this cost was payable at the time of booking and the other half was payable upon arrival. When i arrived my credit card had already been charged that morning and I was overcharged by $15 per room I booked. I found this appalling!! when I questioned the motel manager he told me to take it up with booking.com and dismissed me rudely!

All up i left this motel feeling unclean, tired and overcharged!!! This is a sorry excuse for a motel! I have stayed in better backpackers!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jen N
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I often stay at the Colonial Palms Cabins and i am always impressed with the tidyness,lovely gardens,friendly down to earth hosts adrian and denise,they go out of there way to make me welcome and thats why i keep coming back.I have stayed in most motels in ulladulla/mollymook which are all up to standard but the colonial palms cabins with there cooking facilities is the main reason i keep staying there.Reguards alan prince

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin,abit dearer but they are home away from home with all the modern cons.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alan p
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Extremely rude and offensive management. I found the rooms and bathroom were too small and very dirty. After checking out due to the poor state of the motel I tried to call and get a receipt but was hung up on. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AEpple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked online (admittedly last minute and due to peak season, all that was available for that night). Rang on the morning of check in to confirm debit of my credit card and was met with downright disgraceful abusive attitude by the man that answered. He would not listen to anything I said, hung up on me numerous times, told me I booked via an overseas company and to call them to sort it out. I called them, they had no record (as I had booked through the motels website). I called back, only to be abusively told I was lying about calling them and that I was wrong in what my receipt (from THEM) was saying. I had not given him any of my details yet he said he would cancel and refund my booking. As this was our only accomodation option for the night and we were 3 hours drive away I was extremely distraught. My mum called to check the booking and was told yes all was ok and we would be there after lunch.... This after I was as polite as ever and tried diffusing his attitude on every call. We turned up and I was told he had refunded the room (I checked my bank to confirm) and paid cash at $20 cheaper for the night. We had our 3 yr old also and just said he would sleep with us. He still had attitude then but I let it slide as he didn't stop us from staying. The room was ok for the night, although as it was hot we turned the aircon on for bed. This was switched off by the staff within an hour. No one was in the office during check out so I just left the keys in the box and left. The owners need to be reported. They (mainly the male) are the most arrogant people I have ever encountered before.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Aims83
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Bed is probably 20 years old. Smelt of stale urine. Room was very very old and musty. Bar fridge prob 20yrs old too, falling apart. They don't allow kids under 17 although the room had dbl bed and 2 singles. Not recommend at all. Too many rules to mention. Eg: leave air con on and go out and you will lose air con privillages.
TERRIBLE