“Good food but service isn't as good as it once was”
Review of yes I AM Thai

yes I AM Thai
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Ulladulla
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We often visit the Ulladulla area and we regularly visit this restaurant as the food is generally authentic Thai - with a few Westernised adaptions. We have visited various parts of Thailand on numerous occasions and the quality and freshness at Y'Siam Thai is often similar...not top end dining but their combination of flavours and textures are usually presented in an appetising manner and they usually create an enjoyable dining experience at a very reasonable price. However, if the price hadn't been so good and our previous visits better, we would have rated last night's experience "average". Last night we were disappointed by the Sweet Potato curry with chicken - more chicken than sweet potato although flavour was good. We also thought the Prawn salad with fresh herbs could have had more herbs-bit light on plus lots of v hot red chilli that looked like the thin slices of capsicum-take care!...I couldn't eat for next 20 min and staff were nowhere to be seen to ask for a top up of water! So, we were also disappointed by the service on this visit - unlike previous visits, very inattentive, even though it was well staffed and a quiet Sunday night. There are many nice things about this restaurant so we'll definitely give it another try and hope it was a 1 off average experience. The reception area is away from most of the dining area so the takeaway side doesn't spoil the ambience at all. In summer, we try to get a table by the window as the view over the boat harbour is very pleasant too.

1  Thank NotMolly

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

What a great find. Food far exceeded our expectations. Stumbled upon this on a quick restsurant search of the area. Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just ate here with my family and father and even though the food was good and quite tasty the service was the worst I've experienced in a long time, the wait between each persons meal being delivered was rediculous!
Got there at 6pm didn't get mains till 7pm and the last one being my husbands didn't get brought to the table till 7:30pm which meant everyone else had finished eating, and it didn't come until I asked for it and the steamed rice to go with my fathers curry that he had delivered to the table 15m earlier! Can't say I would eat at this restaurant again even with good food and my love of Thai its just not worth it!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Dined here last Sunday night after reading reviews on TA. Food was really tasty. We ordered the spring rolls, the fungi salad, drunken noodles and a thai red beef curry. The curry was a little disappointing as the beef was over done,but our other choices were very delicious. I would return to Ulladulla just to have the drunken noodles again. Also the delicate flavours of mint and Corriander in the fungi salad with a touch of fish sauce was very Vietnamese and extremely yummy. The service was great and the prices very reasonable too. Yes I am Thai deserves to be patronised more. Thanks for another great tip Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Wow!! Great takeaway for 12. Staff were very efficient. Food was great. Springrolls delicious. Curries tastey and fish cakes spicy. Good value. Asked to come back in 25 mins-ready when we arrived and hot when we arrived home. Good choice, thanks trip advisor!!!!