“Decent italian”

Tony's Pizza Ulladulla
Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Ulladulla
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra, Australia
“Decent italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night and found the food pretty good and the service to match. I had a fettuccine creamy chicken pasta with avocado and my partner had the pasta with mushrooms and chilli, we were both happy with them. We would eat here again.

• Visited March 2014

Mollymook, Australia
“DEFINITELY ask before you order!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went to Tony's for dinner with some friends. Ordered a creamy pasta ($22) and asked if that could come with some prawns on top. The waitress said she would "ask the chef". With no further communication I received my dish, laden with 6 prawns. I couldn't have been happier, food was filling and although overly buttery, hit the spot. It was when I went to pay for the meal that shocked me. Adding prawns to a meal, I knew that would cost me, and although the staff hadn't notified me how much prior to telling the chef to add them, one would presume, for 6 prawns, on top of a full priced meal, you would add around $6-8. I was charged $40 for my meal. $40 for one serve of pasta. $3 a prawn, as the manager told me in a somewhat justified tone. Without any consultation $18 was added to my order. I would never eat there again even if I was paid to. Has to be criminal.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Tom E
Canberra, Australia
“Ask before you order!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We were asked if we wanted garlic pizza for the table of 12. We didn't ask or check the price assuming it was like a starter. The two pizzas were $46.... And the meal wasn't worth the hefty price either. Service was ok.

3 Thank Neale737
Sydney, Australia
“Pushy,pushy,pushy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Make sure you know what you want before you go any where near the place.
The staff will listen to your conversation make comment and when you ask them a question they tell you what they want you know ,not what you want to know, while looking over you shoulder?!
or at your wife's breasts!
Pizza is slightly better than Dominos/Eagle Boys standard.
Really rude/hassling style of service, go to Lucky's and get a bag of prawns and some sourdough bread and sit on the benches near the surf club, save your money for a place you know is good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Andrew G
Gold Coast, Australia
“It is SO reliably good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

If you love Italian, this restaurant is for you. It's in the street immediately left of the first traffic lights as you enter Ulladulla from the Sydney end (the Marlin Hotel is on that corner). It offers both al fresco and inside dining, and Tony is the pizza maker. You'll hear him before you see him, but you'll always be given recognition and a warm welcome from Tony ands his long-standing staff, including his wife (Rosa), his nephew (Pino), the chef (Noel) and waiter (Glen). Of course, pasta and pizza and fish dishes predominate, but you'll be spoiled also by the salads, veal and chicken dishes, plus the usual Italian stalwarts in the sweets department (tiramisu, gelato). It's licensed and also BYO. For a superbly decadent dish - albeit on the pricey side at $29.00 - I greatly recommend their chicken avocado, with a great assortment of wok-fried vegetables on the side. It's a cheerful place, serving terrific food, and with an ambience that leaves the Bowling Club and Servos (=RSL) Club for dead. Go there! Families, singles and couples love it, as the constant patronage attests. It's an institution in Ulladulla, and for any number of very good reasons.

Visited February 2014