“Beautiful surf beach, south of Brisbane QLD”

Gemini Court Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Attended a friend's wedding June 2009 at Burleigh Heads, QLD. A gorgeous place to be and away from the big high rises of Surfers. Stayed at the Gemini Court Holiday Apartments, nice apartments just minutes from the beach. Check their website for specials (http://www.geminicourt.com.au/). Make sure to do a day hike around Burleigh Heads National Park, stunning views from mountain top and trails down to the beach. Great place for families, will be back for sure!

1  Thank teamgb
There are newer reviews for Gemini Court Holiday Apartments

Reviewed 15 September 2009

I would recommend Gemini Court Apartments to anyone wishing for a fantastic getaway.
The proximity to the beach is just right, & I like the fact that you can walk everywhere without being stuck in the hustle & bustle.
Burleigh has a lot to offer; the restaurants & cafe's which are of superb quality, the gorgeous little boutiques, the village atmosphere & one of the best beaches on the east coast of Australia.
The staff at Gemini are fantastic, the views are serene & the apartments are clean & well maintained.
What more can I say? I love it!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank karlaleanne
Reviewed 21 August 2009

The issue with the Gemini Court, as a couple of other reviewers have noted, is that yes, the view is fantastic, yes the location is excellent, but you simply can't be guaranteed that the apartment you get will look anything like the pictures published on the Internet.
I searched the Internet for many hours to find the perfect place for my partner and I to relax on the Gold Coast . We really needed some down-time and I wanted to choose carefully so we could happily spend time in the apartment, rather than feeling we needed to be out and about all the time.
The apartment we got looked nothing at all like any photos I had seen for Gemini Court. The furniture was torn, shabby and dirty, the kitchen was old and dirty and the bed - don't get me started. The lounge was so old (and torn) that any cushioning on the seat backs had long gone and when you sat down, the frame of the lounge was right in the small of your back. When we complained to management, their solution was to provide some pillows to cover up the discomfort.
There was no other apartment available to give us apparently, but what I really struggled with was the fact that the staff just didn't want to take any responsibility for anything. I was told that I must have looked at the wrong website, because all the pictures on their site were exact representations of the apartments - this is simply not true. I booked through Stayz and Gemini Court told me they didn't have control over the photos that were published on Stayz. Then I was told that the apartments are individually owned and that they have no control over the standard of the decor in different apartments. As a paying customer, who owns the apartment doesn't really concern me - I paid for an advertised product and I didn't get it. If they can't guarantee the standard, then this should be made crystal clear at the time of booking.
Needless to stay, we didn't stay the whole week as planned, I just couldn't wait to get out. At least they let us off the rest of our booked stay. We ended up in an absolutely fabulous place in Broadbeach, which cost us the same because we got standby rates.
For our trouble we got a $10 breakfast voucher from Gemini Court.
We went to the GC because we were really tired and we needed a nice place to relax in - when we arrived at Gemini Court and I saw our apartment, I actually cried.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmd66
Reviewed 25 July 2009

WOW this place is fantastic. Our apartment was excellent with A1 furnishings and not a thing out of place. I could not fault anything as everything was catered for. In the apartments everything was thought of right down to pegs for washing and a sandwich maker in the pantry. It was great. THE VIEW...absolutely amazing....beautiful by day and breathtaking by night. The best view on the Gold Coast without a doubt.
The kids had a awesome time, they loved the pool and the spa (and riding in the lift) and never complained about being bored.
The apartments are close to trendy James Street and in walking distance to a variety of restaurants, great to get morning coffees and consume on the beachfront.
We loved our stay and thankyou very much...we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank CastleFamily4
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Each apartment really does have the amazing views advertised! We stayed here for our last 5 days of our 3 week trip hoping for some quiet relaxing and comfortable accomodation and got exactly that. Each apartment is privately owned so I can really only comment on the one I stayed in, though I would be happy to book again and be placed in a different apartment as I have every faith they're all of a certain standard. Our apartment was so comfortable, big leather sofa, 2 lazy boy chairs looking out over the beach/ocean view, full kitchen, 2 double rooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, balcony furniture....need I go on! The pool was lovely as well, and we took advantage of the tennis court, so cheap to hire a racket (about £1.25 equivalent). Burleigh heads is a beautiful place, only a handful of eateries that aren't fast food type places but really enjoyed not having the hussle and bussle of Surfers Paradise (only an hours walk along the beach or 5 mins in a taxi). The reception staff were so friendly and helpful I couldn't have asked for more. Late check out available for only £5 an hour, transfer to Brisbane airport only £20 each all arranged to suit our flight times etc, just an utterly relaxing and enjoyable end to our holiday....loved it! Please note while i've rated it 5* I wouldn't say it is reminicient of a top 5* hotel but it fully deserves top marks for what it is.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clare M
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This was my first say down at Burleigh Heads, and was tossing up a lot where to stay.

This place usually only offers two night minimum stay, but I called up on the day and there was able to accommodate me.

Reservation - Very friendly and pleasant.

Rooms - OK, they are not anything to write home about, but very large and spacious, and when inside who wants to look at the room, with that view outside, by far the best view on the coast , just amazing.

This place is great value for money great place to stay, a short walk to everything, but if you can’t cope with hills at all probably stay somewhere else; the walk up the hill (slight slope) is worth it for the views.

I will be back, for the price and views you can’t beat this place.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScottBrisbane
Reviewed 6 May 2009

This is the second year I have stayed at the Gemini Court Apts. I would recommend these apts. to anyone wanting a quiet, clean spacious apt to rent. The apts are nicely decorated and have everything you need, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer etc. The Manager Anna is an absolute gem. She will look after your every need. Very polite and professional. As far as I am concerned, I would never stay any where else and cannot wait to return to Australia and the Gemini Court Apts.

• Stayed: April 2009