“"The Best Hotel In the World"....according to my kids.”
Review of Gemini Resort

Gemini Resort
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My kids, 9 & 11, reckon this is the best hotel in the world. I guess this means we don't get out much, but we have been to some great places in America, New Zealand and Australia. This one just beats them all in their eyes. An ENORMOUS swimming pool with a slippery slide and a deck to throw yourself off into the 2m deep pool. Then after swimming hit the games room for the pinball and air-hockey. In front of the hotel is a swimming beach that is calm and the sand is so soft.
Brilliantly located away from the dense living of the other areas of Caloundra, this is an ideal area for families or people who don't fancy the harsh waves of the traditional surfing beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
geminiresort, Front Office Manager at Gemini Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Molimu, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Gemini Resort. It is fantastic to hear that your children hold Gemini in such high regard! We are thrilled to hear that our location suited your family well, and very happy to know you enjoyed our large swimming pool and games room. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Kind Regards, the Gemini Resort Team.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Close to the water, albeit not the surf. Great pool for the kids. Room sizes are exceptional. We had a "family room" reservation which consisted of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 an ensuite) and a large lounge and dining room, with your own kitchen. Dining options nearby are limited but the kids had a ball and there is plenty to do, with parks nearby and plenty of options to hire - bikes, kayaks boards etc.

Room Tip: Go for 2 bedrooms or family room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
geminiresort, Front Office Manager at Gemini Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Patrick, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Gemini Resort. Our pool is a great favorite for kids and adults alike. Because Gemini Resort was built roughly 30 years ago, and large apartments were more common, we have the pleasure of renting out some of the largest holiday apartments in Caloundra. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gemini Resort soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and three children have just returned from a 10 day stay at Gemini. We have had an 8 year break from Gemini and did try another resort a few years back (we left 5 days early). Let just say, it was great to be back! We had a 3 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor of the south tower. Having only ever stayed in lower floors in the north tower (at our request with smaller children), we will only now stay in the south tower. The views were amazing!!!! The apartment was modern(ish) and had a wonderful 8 seater leather lounge, which ended up being a bed for our teenage son as it was so comfortable and he wasn't fond of his bed (personal thing). Having said that, my other sons bed apparently was 'the best'! My bed and pillow allowed me to have a sleep that I have been craving for over 8 months - waking up with NO neck and shoulder pain.

The only negative thing I will say (and I hate to do it), but I did notice that it wasn't as clean as in previous years (even the pool didn't look as sparkly). When I used the bathroom as soon as we arrived, I noticed some dried excrement near the toilet paper roll holder in the main toilet. I didn't call reception about it as I knew my kids would go nowhere near touching it and decided that I wasn't going to use that toilet. Obviously, a smaller person previously has got a bit messy, trying to sort themselves out. Also, when we cleaned the bench top and kitchen table with paper towel it was quite dirty. I think the issue is that perhaps the cloths are reused and paper towel should be used to clean surfaces, but this is obviously more expensive. I guess it is no different from a lot of fast food chains that use cloths to wipe down tables - I use paper towels at home to get that sparkle! The only other thing is that I think 'renovate' sometimes means just regrouting a bathroom and maybe putting in a new toilet or handles. The light fitting in the ensuite was…..well, let's just say that 'Dynasty' and 'Joan Collins' would fit in really well here. But you have to weigh it up whether your want to focus on the negative so that this kind of stuff is going to ruin your holiday?

During our stay, the people below us had a leakage from the air-conditioner in our unit. The staff were very professional at all times, advising us of when workmen will be in our apartment. As I was concerned about leaving the apartment when they were working, the lovely man on reception informed me that the workman had been at the resort for over 28 years…..phew! Workmen were lovely when I did see them.

As for the restaurant….it was yum. The games room……..was fine (what is with the other people complaining). The pool……fantastic! The people around and in the pool…..friendly! The view…..sublime! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gemini and will be back……….seeing all the lovely family groups that were holidaying at GeminI…..hope that one day we can be there with our kids and grandkids as well!

Room Tip: South tower has less road noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Wendy, Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here on at Gemini Resort. We are very privileged to offer ocean views from every apartment here in the complex. It is a delight to hear that you enjoyed the pool and games room as well. In regards to the cleaning we will be discussing the issues you have raised with our housekeeping team. Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Gemini very soon. Kind Regards, the Gemini Resort Team

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family and I stayed in Unit 60 in January, and it was marvellous. We spent most of our time in the pool - great; and we enjoyed the meal from the Nepalise Restaurant. We stayed here 4 years ago and will came again.

1  Thank AshlinOz
geminiresort, Front Office Manager at Gemini Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Ashlin, Thank you very much for your glowing review on Gemini Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our pool is a much loved favorite for new guests as well as repeat guests such as yourselves. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your meal at the Gurkhali restaurant. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gemini Resort very soon. Kind Regards,
The Gemini Resort Team

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We checked in at Gemini on 3rd January and checked out on 5th January. We stayed in Floor 1, Room 10 in the southern building. The room had no conditioning, no ceiling fans and the hotel provided a couple of pedestal fans. That weekend Caloundra topped 42 degrees so it was out of the ordinary temperature wise. The beds are rock hard as well so it mad sleeping very hard. There was no face washer provided which I thought was a bit odd, so it made showering with a tiny soap a bit hard. The location of Gemini is good, but the rooms are very average.

3  Thank Teegsy07
geminiresort, Front Office Manager at Gemini Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Teegsy07, Thank you for your review on Gemini Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location. Regarding the air conditioning, Apartment 10 is the only apartment which does not have air conditioning and all guests who stay in this apartment are advised of this, we were fully booked on the dates you stayed so it was all we had left. We also gave you a discounted rate because of this for your stay. We are sorry to hear that the beds were not to your satisfaction. We do provide all linen, bath towels, hand towels and bath mats for all of our guests just not face washers. These are listed on our website. Many of our return guests request a specific apartment and we are always happy to help choose the right apartment to meet all your needs. Thank you again for your comments which we will pass on to the owner of the apartment and we hope to welcome you back to Gemini Resort soon. Kind regards, The Gemini Resort Team

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family and I stayed at the Gemini for a week over Christmas 2013 we had 3 different rooms. I personally stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment number 84 on the tenth floor of the North Tower. The overall apartment was nice, very clean and had a friendly feel. Being during summer we had to use the air cons at night while we slept. Only 2 of the 3 bedrooms had an air con and the room that didn't was facing the ocean so if you left the door open for a breeze the sun would be melting you by 6am. The kitchen was lacking in a few areas such as no steak knives or anywhere to hang a tea towel. The Main Bedroom was a great size but the other two bedrooms were quite small and we had issues with the air con in the bedroom facing the mountains. Although this was fixed the same day we informed reception. There was no wi fi, but when we informed reception of this they also had it fixed the same day with a technician installing wifi in our room by the afternoon. Having 5 adults under 30 in the one apartment it was a little disappointing that we could only use one device at a time. Despite those small issues the view sure does make up for any faults the room had. My 5 year old loved the pool, we spent most of our holiday in it. My Parents stayed in Room 62 on the 7th floor of the North Tower. Now this room seemed a lot nicer than 84. As it was only a 2 bedroom apartment it had a great sized kitchen and larger bedrooms. I know some rooms are privately owned so they are styled by the owners but I was a bit jealous that there was a sandwich maker, non stick frypans, steak knives and an ipod player in 62 and not 84. My cousins stayed in room 74 in the South tower. I only visited that room a few times but it seemed very similar to room 62 being a 2bedroom apartment. The couches were leather and really soft but the artwork was a bit weird having paintings of cartoon ladies in bikinis with large bottoms. Wouldn't like to eat my food while looking at that... The motel is walking distance of a fair few restaurants and not far drive from shops and movies. We used the tennis courts once as it was quite hot. it was $3 for 1xtennis racquet hire and $3 for balls. Court hire was free. My daughter also loved the little pond next to reception. Each time we walked past we had to stop for a few minutes to find all the yabbies. Would stay again. Maybe in a different room next time just to try something new..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Brieana, Thank you for your review on Gemini Resort, it is great to hear that you would stay here again. As I am sure you are aware, all of our apartments are individually owned. We have most photographed on our website giving guests the chance to view the apartment before booking. Because they are all individually owned they are all differently furnished and fitted. Regarding the steak knives, we are always happy to buy whatever it is that you require for your stay. Thank you for your comments about our speedy repair to the air conditioning unit in the third bedroom and also the same-day wifi installation. We do our best to accommodate all guests to the best of our abilities and as quickly as possible. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our large pool and fish pond. Our reception staff are only too happy to advise which apartments are available for the dates that you are looking for and help you choose the perfect apartment for your next holiday. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, the Gemini Resort Team

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is our 3rd consecutive year we have come to Gemini and have booked again for next year. Have stayed at many Caloundra resorts over many years and now stay here and we see no reason to change. Very roomy, beautiful view, nice pool and the pool has always been very clean while I have been there. Would definitely recommend this place particularly for families.

Room Tip: My only complaint is the bed in our room 45 was not all that comfortable. Relatives who stayed in ot...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Max21au, Your review has brightened our day! Thank you for sharing your experience at Gemini Resort on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that our pool has always been very clean during your stays with us. We are very flattered to hear that you have stayed here 3 times and we hope to welcome you back here again soon. Thank you for recommending us, we hope you have a lovely day. Kind Regards, The Gemini Resort Team.