All reviewsshingle innglasshouse mountainsgames roomone bedroom apartmentpumicestone passagebulcock beachlarge balconyamazing viewsthe main streetsunshine coastbribie islandspa bathwater viewwalking distancebeautiful apartmentperfect locationnight stay
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I booked the Monaco as a last minute weekend getaway for my wife and I, plus our 1 year old. I originally wanted an ocean view room but they didn't have any available, so I just got a regular two bedroom. The lovely reception staff rang me to say that our room was ready early, so we got to check in at midday! Easy to locate, one block walk to the beach and many restaurants, grocery stores, etc. When we checked in, much to our delight, we had an ocean view! So that was a nice surprise :) The pool, hot tub and kids pool were wonderful and well kept. My son had a blast playing in them! The patrolled beach was only about a ten minute walk. Parking was easy to access and very secure. Room was incredibly comfortable, and having the 2nd room on the other side of the apartment (ie not sharing a wall) made it so that everyone had a comfortable nights sleep.
The portable cot was all set up for us upon arrival, the full sized fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle, etc, insured that we were able to eat at the hotel sometimes, therefore making our trip less of a cost. We also brought bub's favourite movie on DVD so that it felt like home - the DVD player was very helpful to us!
Though we didn't indulge in any of the excursions, there were many great options available. I highly recommend the Monaco, and will look into staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Spacious, great sea view. Well equipped. Would like non paraben containing toiletries but otherwise definitely no cause for complaint. Pillows luxurious and bed very comfortable. Generous wifi and free parking. Good looking cafe on ground floor and great restaurant at end of street (Archie Mooos). Would definitely book here again, no question.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Monaco is in a great position near Bulcock Beach at Caloundra. It puts you within walking distance of all amenities and Kings Beach.

Bulcock St, with all the small shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants is right there.

The on-site staff are friendly and helpful. Laurin at the reception desk is enough to make you want to come back with her helpful and friendly demeanour.

My wife and I stayed in a single bedroom apartment on the eighth floor. The view from the lounge and the balcony was sensational. I could have sat there for our whole stay, just watching the world go by.

The room was very clean and tidy on arrival. The décor was tasteful and the appointment of the unit was great.

The unit is air-conditioned but if you open the sliding doors at each end, you get such nice air flow from the sea breeze, you can live without it.

The only minor concern was a missing blind in the lounge that had not been there since when the current owners bought the unit. Even though there would have been no one looking in at night, it is nice to feel you have privacy, even if you are doing nothing more interesting than watching TV!

Leave the TV off and just sit on the balcony and enjoy the lights of passing ships and Golden Beach at night.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room on an upper level to get great views of Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island and Golden Beach.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We booked a 1 B/R water view apartment on the 8th floor for 5 nights. The apartment had a large balcony overlooking the river and inlet, with the Glass House Mountains in the distant background, the view was stunning and the balcony was a great place to relax in the afternoon. The apartment was modern and tastefully decorated with all the facilities required for a comfortable stay, full size fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and a large outdoor setting on the balcony. The kitchen had good cooking facilities and was reasonably well equipped although a few more salad serving bowls and storage containers would not go astray.

The location was ideal, a short stroll to the beach, restaurants and shops, also with Uber available and courtesy buses for the local clubs, it was easy to get around.

The Monaco had a lovely pool, outdoor heated spa, sauna and BBQ area, with plenty of deck chairs and tables to sit around.

The staff were exceptional! Friendly, hospitable and helpful. I asked reception if they could find me a frypan or skillet, as the electric frypan in our apartment wasn't great, there was no problem at all with my request, they were so helpful.

The only recommendation I would make to the Monaco, is that 1 bath towel per person is not enough, I needed a second towel to dry my hair.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a WATER VIEW apartment - the views are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children. Initially, we booked a one bedroom apartment not knowing the strict maximum occupancy regulations they had in place. Monaco emailed the next day and assisted us in upgrading to a two bedroom in a jiffy! They were very helpful and responsive with all our enquiries. The day came and check-in was pleasant. A spacious parking lot was allocated to us; parking is free. We had no big expectations for our two bedroom apartments as we were told it'd be on the 2nd floor with only glimpses of the pumice stone. But lo and behold, were we blown away by the view! A picture paints a thousand words, so I've attached a picture of the view we got from our 2nd floor two-bedroom apt so you can see it for yourselves! The apartment & kitchen were clean by my standards, especially the bathrooms; it showed that high measures were taken to ensure hygiene and cleanliness. My feedback is for the apartment to have labels for the kitchen hob switch and how to find the main switch for the air-conditioner. Our stay was perfect still ❤️Location wise, very convenient; Stockland Caloundra Shopping Centre, Kings Beach, Happy Valley, Caloundra Street Fair on weekends, Baskin Robbins just round the corner! Thanks Monaco, we really hope we'll get to visit again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family