All reviews rooms are comfortable great location two nights central caloundra music festival sunshine coast air con australia zoo free wifi dianna microwave cafes pillows accommodation proximity families
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here because I needed somewhere reasonably priced and local to the purpose of my visit. The motel is comfortable enough-though parking a car between the pillars was my challenge each day! The daily rate was good and booking was simple done both online and followed up by a phone call. The location is close to shops and also Moffat beach.
However the absentee manager was a problem for me wanting to pay for some extras before I left. The "fill in" manager did not seem to be able to meet my requests (over 2-3 days) to settle up for some phone calls--he said he couldn't access the phone system nor was he able to tell me how much the continental breakfast cost. He also did not seem to know when the actual manager would re-appear to sort this out so in the end I just left what I hoped was sufficient money to settle the account. As I needed to make several phone calls home during my stay it was also concerning that I didn't seem to be able to receive or send calls from the motel unit after the first day I was there. I ended up having several expensive international cell phone calls instead.

Room Tip: Close the windows to keep road noise down and use ther air con if its too warm.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
moffatbeachmotel, Owner at Moffat Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our Moffat Beach Motel - we appreciate your business!

It was unfortuate that you stayed when we had a technology challenged manager who avoided the computer & phone system! He was in fact not a 'fill in' manager but someone we intrusted our business to, expecting it to be run properly. I apologise for the lack of service in that regard, please try us again now that we, the owners are back to operate the motel & have an amazing replacement (Chrissy) when we are not available! We also have a staff member who lives on site that can fix anything & do after hours check ins. You won't find management lacking now that the previous manager has been encouraged to retire.

Look forward to seeing you again - Dianna Mullins

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This motel is well located on the Sunshine Coast and 5 minutes walk from the beach. It is a 30min drive to Australia Zoo and the Glass House Mountains.
Rooms are equipped with A/C, flat screen TV, coffee making facilities and a fridge.
The room, bathroom and sheets are very clean and the staff very helpful. I recommand this place for couples and families on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank naou
Reviewed 6 February 2012

A delightful family run motel, that gives a great personal touch. You can't go wrong for the price!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Satisha63
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The room was a lovely little apartment with amazing cleanliness and sleeping value.
The staff where very polite and helpful.Francis and Simon delivered delicious meals still hot and on time.The owners had two little girls to play with my kid in the pool.There where many family fun activities and the beaches where a 5min walk from the motel.
We all had a great time and will definitely recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank molly h
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed for 3 nights, slight glitch with room first night but staff more than made amends.
Units are very clean and neat, short walk to beaches and shops, staff are very friendly and exceptionally helpful, (ask Francis or Di to recommend an eatery). Breakfasts were nice and delivered on time every day. Cheap and very cheerful, we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends