“Nice location, and good night sleep”
Review of Moffat Beach Motel

Moffat Beach Motel
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My brother in law and I stayed the night before the Tough Mudder event and I have no complaints. The Owner was very friendly, was willing to take time to tell me about the surrounding area and answer any questions I had.
The rooms were basic but had everything I needed (bed, bathroom and tv) and very comfortable. A short walk down the road and I ended up at the beach with a great selection of restaurants and cafes. I would happily stay here again next year when I need a good night sleep before a big event.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joel E

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Spent one night here while passing through. Standard sort of motel but clean and tidy. Very friendly owners and free WiFi. Quiet at night and slept well. I liked the location. A few minutes walk to the beach and cafe's and restaurants also close

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 2014WayneM
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rang & made booking; however, no booking was made in their system. Then on check-out was charged $10 extra - even though their prices are clearly listed on their website. Very old style motel. Go somewhere else if you want good service and attention to detail.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Melbourne6870
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great for small pets. Nothing special but friendly owners, clean and tidy room and surrounds. Great value for money! Just a short stroll to very good cafes and a dog beach. Five minutes drive to central Caloundra.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank auzichef
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We came down for the Mooloolaba tri which is 25 mins drive. However you don't need to go to Mooloolaba as you have the very beautiful Moffat beach around the corner with some lovely restaurants to choose from for breakfast or dinner! We brought our red healer with us for a small extra charge it was perfect for what we needed. The staff and management are lovely, warm and very accomodating. We requested a late check out with no extra charge and no hassle. All in all a great place to stay at a great price!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aislinn B
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stumbled upon this motel when passing through from cairns to the gold-coast, we were relocating with two small dogs and found pet friendly..I firstly called before arriving to see availability. I spoke to Jane whom I warmed to straight away with her pleasant phone manner. We had to pay a little extra for our pets but when it comes to our babies ;) price doesn't matter. When we arrived we met Murray! What a lovely gentleman with a kind smiling face.. We shared a joke;) the rooms were so clean and comfortable, a bit small but hey we aren't complaining at all. When we left the following morning I spoke with Jane and Murray at different times and they wished me all the best . One word for both of them "absolute sweethearts" thanks to both of you. There should be more people in the world like you.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Natalie H
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Arrived in Caloundra without a booking. Stopped at Moffat Beach Motel and were given the last room available $130. It is an old style motel. The room was clean but could do with a revamp, i.e. pillows, mattress, blanket, towels etc. Several petty rules on notes were pasted on the walls of the room, something we have never experienced before......"no talking after 9.00 p.m." sounded a little extreme and reminiscent of boarding school! The bed was uncomfortable as were the pillows. The towels were very thin. This motel gives the impression of being run on a shoe string.
The manager, Murray, was very helpful and friendly as was the cleaning lady. There is no privacy when sitting outside the room, the view is looking at the rooms opposite. The back garden is devoid of plants except for a few cuttings recently planted. We checked out the following day and found a superb hotel, room on top floor, extensive water views, large balcony, beautifully appointed, for the same price!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JM1609
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
#2 of 16 in Caloundra
Ocean Views Resort
Ocean Views Resort
#12 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Moffat Beach Motel? Share your experiences!