“Standard apartments - Decent value for money but nothing to blow me away”
Review of Ocean Views Resort

Ocean Views Resort
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Sydney, Australia
“Standard apartments - Decent value for money but nothing to blow me away”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed Sept 2013. Problem number 1 - 'Ocean Views Resort'...well...I had a lovely view of the road and the building opposite?! Room itself was ok, clean tidy and decent size - small balcony so I could get even closer to enjoying that road. Pool & sauna were ok, although colder than most other places I stayed. Car parking provided and good location for main street shops and restaurants - all walking distance. Beaches run along the promenade and then the excellent Kings bach is just a 15 min stroll or so. I wouldn't say don't stay here - I would just say make sure you get a better room than I did as Im sure with a view on one of the higher floors it would be much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Myself and my boyfriend came here for new years 2012, we traveled from Sydney and just wanted the best location at the right price.
We got 4night in an amazing HUGE room for $800. The room was out of this world..huge living room, flat screen TV. dvd player radio I dock.Massive balcony along with the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in, and we travel a lot .
The kitchen was well kitted out and we didn't need to ask for anything extra .
Staff were lovely and friendly and the location was prefect, lots of cafe and restaurants around and our balcony had the oceanview.
Pool was awesome and enough sunbeds for everyone.
Toilets and showers in foyer and luggage room too.
Everything was clean and well up to standard.
We didnt use the gym but it was not big or of any use to use really.
Amazing trip and cannot wait to go back.

Thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: an ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nice welcoming staff. Clean and tidy. Centrally located close to restaurants and the beach. Our room was small but had a balcony and view of the water - which was a bonus. All you need at a good price. Would stay again.

1 Thank KarinMelbourne
currumbin
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this resort. Room was a good size and included all essentials. We did ask to change rooms as the toilet didn't flush in the first one and when it was fixed the whole unit really smelt. The change was smooth and efficient and the new room actually had a better bathroom layout than the old one. The units are one of the better ones available in Caloundra and close to all amenities while being reasonably priced. The heated pool was a bonus and off street parking was good.

1 Thank pixi46
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I was a bit dubious about arriving here from some previous comments & considering I had to change my stay from 1 night to 3 nights but everything about this place is fantastic! Rooms are exceptional i had a studio & it included everything I needed, I could still cook a meal if I needed & saved me eating every meal out every time just a shame the weather wasn't better as the resort has a beautiful pool/spa & the rooftop bbq area is fantastic! Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank DME021
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Booked through lastminute, stayed two nights. OVR is in a fantastic location with everything very close. The apartment had a good full sized kitchen and fridge, good living area and pleasant balcony. Unfortunately the bathroom really needs maintenance, the door in the bathroom sticks as the doorframe appears to be rotting and there was a terrible odour. The cleanliness of the bathroom was also disappointing with mould in the shower and hairs on the bathroom floor, plus dusty skirting boards, light switches and stains on the carpet and sofa etc Strange location for towel rail - above toilet quite high up for someone vertically challenged, not that I would hang my towel there! The light switch in the bedroom could only be turned on and off by putting your arm into a 4 inch gap between wall and robe up to your shoulder. Overall whilst in a good location the accommodation was disappointing and we will not be returning.

3 Thank NaeandStimpy
Brisbane
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We decided to go on a spur of moment getaway and our usual hotel wasn't available so had to look elsewhere. We wanted to try a new hotel and picked OVR. We booked an one bedroom apartment. Fantastic hotel in a great central location. Our bed was comfy, which is a bonus. We had great ocean views from our balcony... definitely glad we booked here! We will be sure to come again!

3 Thank js4rq