“great weekend”

Norfolks on Moffat Beach
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Norfolks has a great location and all the amenities you need for a really nice weekend away. Steps to the beach and cafes, pool is great for kids and well managed.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2011

We have been staying at the Norfolks once or twice a year for the last 6 years. We have always enjoyed our stay. The kids have to be forced into the car when we leave! We always stay on ground level...easy access to the car at the rear and the beach at the front. There are some good eateries close by, but the best of all is the pizza take-away "hole in the wall" across the road. There is also a newsagent, and a grocery store next door. Other shops as well close by. Walking/bicycle pathway runs from Moffat all the way to Bulcock Beach...magic! The beach out front is not patrolled, but Dickie is close by to the north and is patrolled. Lots of rock-hopping to the north and south, plus some calm water for the littlies in the creek entrance. There is a fantastic point break right out front. Sunset brings on the lorikeet choir every afternoon. One of the reasons we keep retuning is the welcome from Barney and Stephanie. The units are always clean and well-presented, ideal for a family holiday.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank billblack60
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We have been several times at this resort and I have always recommended it to other people. We like the older style apartments because the living areas and balconies are quite big and nice. Although we again very much enjoyed our stay there are a few things that made me feel disappointed and I am not sure if I would recommend it again. As another person who reviewed this place experienced, I also had the feeling that the current managers, especially the male, did not really enjoy dealing with people. I was also very surprised when I found that we got (we were staying for three nights) only one partly used toilet roll, one dishwasher detergent etc. When I asked for an extra toilet roll I was told that we only received a starter's kit and had to buy the rest if we needed more. I have never experienced this before. There were small pieces of guest soap but no shampoo or conditioner. The bedrooms are nice but very small. There is only one bathroom - no en-suite. The mattress in the main bedroom was sagging and I decided to sleep across the bed instead because my back was killing me. My husband had to sleep in the extra bedroom. And something else, there was no fly screen in the main bedroom!
Another thing that I noticed was that it was much busier outside the building, maybe because a nice park had been created in front of the resort. With all the cafes etc. there was quite a lot of traffic. So yes, a nice time, but for the price I would expect more. It used to be nicer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geertje37
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This is the first review I have written about accommodation and I was motivated by how rude the managers of the resort were along with the poor quality of the unit.
I am a friendly person and acted this way towards the managers, we were also a very quiet group for the whole weekend. The managers were rude back to me and our group from start to finish. It was not provoked, it was consistent rudeness that started from the booking, throughout the weekend, to checking out.
When I walked into the accommodation, it was by no means disgusting, but it was definitely not 4 stars. How they earned that rating I do not know. It was very tired and old. Guests staying with me were also spoken to rudely. For the money we paid I expected at least normal if not good service and nice accommodation. They failed on both.
Another group at the hotel I believe got evicted and they certainly weren't causing any bother to us.
I would definitely recommend staying elsewhere for just the basics, Service, Value for money & Cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank Paul T
maka001, Manager at Norfolks on Moffat Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

This review is very inappropriate and not valid. This particular guest failed to supervise his children either in the Sauna or around the grounds and took exception to them being spoken to by management. The guest and friends had several BBQ's during which they failed to supervise their children. They showed little regard for other guests and removed furniture from the pool area without permission. We were not rude to these guests at all, but simply explained the Body Corporate Bylaws regarding behaviour, and the noise made when they arrived back from a function. If there was any issue with the unit, or cleanliness we should have been notified after check-in. We endeavour to provide an enjoyable stay for all our guests, and hope guests will also be considerate to others.

Reviewed 30 May 2010

I never thought you could get all this from a serviced apartment! Fantastic view, lovely apartment, very spacious, pool is heated, we were in it 8am on the last morning! Very central. There are also three restaurants and a convenience store across the road. For those that love shopping you can catch a bus outside to take you to Caloundra, the markets are a must on Sunday! But there are also two boutiques and a homewares shop right across the road. There is a huge park and playground and the beach on your doorstep. Barney, the host, is a great help and very hospitable. Amazing spot for families, and couples alike. I can't rave about it enough!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family